| 42 |

༊˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐒 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

Death is always certain. It's natural and you know it will happen today or tomorrow but nothing in the world can actually prepare you when you stand face to face with death. It actually leaves you with pain, regrets, remorse , baggage and guilt. It's twisted yet simpler than life. Death is cruel but it's also humble enough to end your pain given by life.

Kim Daehyun's death came like a storm in the business world. It was all over the country. The reporters were storming inside to have a look. A look they said. We all know that grandpa was going to die but no one took the news positively. Taehyung's uncle, Kim Hansung flew to the country with his family right on the day he heard the news of grandpa's death. It's unreal to imagine him gone.

The one person who tied me and Taehyung together.

"What if it doesn't just work out between us?" I had asked him one day when I went to visit him while Taehyung wasn't here. "You take care of him and he takes care of you. That's how you both make it work out, y/n. Relationships are meant to have an effort from both sides so that when one feels heavy, the other can take the weight for a while." Those were his words.

I didn't believe him at that time but now I do. During the early months of my marriage, I was even mad at him for throwing his grandson at me but now I'm glad he did. It has been two days since he died and every day is tiring than the previous one. Today is the third and his funeral.

I sigh out, my eyes roaming around the funeral hall. There are countless people wearing black clothes,looking sad, talking about a few things and whatnot. I stand on the other side with the ladies and my eyes land on Taehyung. He has lost the usual spark in his eyes. He hasn't talked to me in these two days. I know he is not ignoring me because he is simply busy. Even at nights, I can't find him. He hasn't shed a single tear even though the whole family cried.

He is just so aloof, silent and bleak that it's worrying me. His face is pale, lots of colors, he looks like a breathing robot as he accepts the condolences from the people. "Did you talk to him?" Suyoung asks me quietly, her eyes fixated on Taehyung. "No. He is always busy." I muttered, feeling my heart ripping apart at every word that I uttered. "It's okay. He will come around." Irene says while I slightly nod my head.

"Y/n." A new voice tunes in,causing me to tilt my head towards its source. I find my brother with our parents walking towards us. "How are you?" Sungmin asks. "Not a question to ask in a funeral hall." I mumbled, giving him a look. My mother glances at me but she doesn't bother to talk as she gracefully walks in Hye-young's direction. I sighed out and stared at Sunghoon who shrugged his shoulders.