lounge i.b

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

(this one is for my baby ines because i love her 🤭 i also wanted to make it bc ice posted them on her insta story the other day 🩷 actually sad she transferred)

the only time you could really get work done was in the student lounge. what made it even better was nobody was there to mess with you. you took one quick glance at your computer regretting even thinking about doing an extra credit assignment, but you needed it.

getting yourself ready to waste your day, you slid in your headphones to play your "study" playlist. which was for real just random songs mixed together. you turned the volume to a decent level where you could still focus on what you were doing, but still listen to your music.

while finding stuff for your assignment, you swore you heard voices from outside the room. taking out one of your headphones, you listened to make sure you weren't going crazy. and sure enough you weren't. as the voices got closer to the room, you recognized them in a heartbeat. the door swung open to the sound of a loud voice.

"bro you already know i'm better at you in fortnite." paige shouted, jogging to the couch.

the other girls came in behind, following her. ice was the first to notice you on your computer. dropping her body down on the couch, she shook her head.

"big mouths, shut up. she's probably trying to do her work." ice spoke, grabbing the remote to the tv.

"miss ma'am, you're the main one who picked up that remote." kk fixed her face making a stank expression, trying to sit next to paige.

"heyyy y/n girl." kk yelled from across the room, trying to bother you. you raised your head up maintaining your undivided attention on them. but you couldn't keep your eyes off of one.

ines was sitting on the couch, doing something on her computer. kk must've seen you staring because soon as she caught you, she turned her head in ines' direction.

"nesh, you ain't gon' say hey to y/n?" kk said teasing her.

ines lifted her head, turning to where you were sat at the table. you've seen ines a couple of times around the campus. you'll always smile or either wave to her, but speaking wise you didn't really talk to her.

kk turned her head back to you. "and y/n why are you all the way over there?"

"why you keep messin' with her." ice snapped, looking at kk

"girl mind your business, you see she ain't sayin nothin." kk said snapping back.

you felt like taking a short break anyway, so this was the perfect time. shutting your computer, you got up and made your way over to the couch.

"i'm hungry as fuck." paige groaned, crossing her arms over her stomach.

"of course you are." kk said side eying her.

standing there, ice gave you a little smile, scooting over to make room for you to sit by her and ines. as you sat in between them you could feel yourself getting a little tense.

"wanna go to the vending machine?" ice suggested.

"you got vending machine money?" kk mumbled, looking around the room.

"not for you." chuckling at kk, ice got up from the couch, looking down at you. "you comin' y/n?"

"imma just stay here. can u get me some cookies though." you pulled out your phone, taking off the case to see how much money you had. you raised your hand trying to give her 5 bucks.

"don't worry, i got it." ice declined the money and started walking to the door.

"wowww." kk smacked her lips, getting up from the couch with paige.

"come on ines, you know you want something too." kk said.

"i'm goo- actually can you get me something. i don't know what, but i'll pay you back." ines said, eyes still on her computer.

"you're good too." ice opened the door slightly.

"deadass?" ines spoke, quickly looking over to ice.

"wowww, everybody be treating me wrong, just wait." kk said blurting out.

"kk, shut up. let's go" ice spoke holding the door for them.

as soon as they left, the lounge went silent. you wanted to say something to ines but you just couldn't. 'girl just talk to her' thinking to yourself, you went with it. lowering your mouth to say something, you felt your throat get tight. continuing to let the silence fill the room, you just went on your phone.

"you must not like talking that much." ines implied, looking over at you.

that wasn't true at all. you could talk for hours, with someone you felt comfortable around. it's not that you weren't with her, she just made you feel different from everyone else.

"not true." shaking your head you went back into your phone.

"whenever i see you, we don't even talk. all we do is either smile at each other, or you do your weird little wave" closing her computer, she turned her body to face you. you examined her. ever chance you got to look at her, you took it.

"me and kk's special wave?" you narrowed your eyes, questioning her.

"whatever it is. if you and kk have something 'special' we should have something too right?"

she lowered her head, trying to look demanding. you couldn't take her seriously, so this whole little act made you crack up.

"sure ines." you set your phone down, letting her words sink in.

"ok y/n. i'll be waiting to hear what you come up with." she tilted her, opening her computer back up.

you wanted something more than just a wave. knowing exactly what could make you guys special, you just decided to keep it to yourself, letting this little 'act' play out by itself.

(oml, oml 😭 anyways love you ines 🫶🏾 .. let me know if you guys liked ittt)