3

You all showed so much enthusiasm for the next chapter, I decided to upload it ❤️

Do reflect the same in votes and comments as well. I need so many!

*** Yashoda ***

"Sleep Yashu, sleep," I told myself as I tossed around the bed but my bridal lehenga and it's rough embroidery is pericing my body, not allowing me to get comfortable enough to sleep.

As I continued to repeat my statements, I heard the door open and I immediately fell silent and closed my eyes hoping the general would not find out my misdemeanors.

He lighted the lamp, yet I still did not open my eyes.

"Continue your mantra," he stated casually as I heard files being placed on the table, "Why did you stop?"

"You heard it?" I said as I immediately sat up and pulled down my blanket.

"Uh-huh," he nodded as he sat down and started writing on his files, "Sleep Yashu sleep! Of course I heard it."

I am doomed.

"So..." I gulped in fear, "You are going to arrest me, now?"

"For?" he asked still engrossed in work.

"For.....staying up late," I said hesitantly.

"Good that you reminded," the General immediately stated in a strict tone as he dropped the pen in his hand and took out the handcuffs beside his table.

"Quick! Face the wall, hands behind your back and no talking," he commanded as he stormed towards me and I immediately started crying in fear as I scooted behind on the bed.

The general's eyes instantly softened upon noticing my tears and he paused his steps.

"That....was a joke...Yashu..." he said souding confused as to why I started crying.

"Joke?" I said offended, "Who jokes this way?"

"I mean..." he hesitated, "I already told you I won't arrest you for staying up late....so when you asked me this question, I thought you were joking and decided to play along."

"No, that's not what you said," I argued still crying in fear, "You said you don't have time or resources to know if I am sleeping or not....but now you do...so I thought...."

"Oh well," the general interrupted, "Should've phrased it better." "Staying up late is not a crime," he stated, "I, or anyone else, for that matter would never arrest you for that."

I nodded still sobbing.

"Stop crying now," he said calmly as he sat down and held my hand, unintentionally and ironically providing me assurace, "I told you I am not going to hurt you."

"Vishnu anna was right," I said inbetween sobs, "Southern men have a wicked sense of humor."

(Nanda and Adi also have Southern blood lol. Can you think of any scenarios where they made such failed jokes? There are plenty lol)

"Your Vishnu anna is stupid," he immediately raised his voice but lowered it when I flinched. "Southern men are the best, period!" he added in a calmer tone.

Vishnu anna was right about Southern men's self obsession too!

I remained silent, not daring to say it outloud.

"If you wish to stay up late and look at the stars, rooftop would give you a better view ," he said after a moment, "I can ask my soldiers to accompany you, should you chose to do that."