Jesus is the True Vine ♔·°

🍇 ✨

Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that continues to bear fruit, He [repeatedly] prunes, so that it will bear more fruit [even richer and finer fruit].

John 15:2 AMP

~~~

I'm back to give more clarity with scriptures, eyyy!! ✨

‭The previous verse to the votd (verse of the day) adds so much more context.↓
“ I am the true Vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

John 15:1 AMP

Jesus declared in this simple phrase, "I AM". This phrase is essential to understanding His divinity. This is a direct statement of saying, "I AM GOD/LORD".

When He says, I AM the true vine:

True here means real and genuine, true to fact and has integrity inside and out.

The vine signifies Christ's body and it's rooted and steady, it's alive. Also important for the branches to get life and be sustained by the vine.

The Father (who is also God) has a part in this, He's the One who takes care of the vineyard and prunes (Takes away the bad so that the good can prosper more and be strengthened) the fruit on the branches.

~~~

🍋 What is the fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Galatians 5:22-23 AMP 🍓

~~~

So Jesus is the True Vine, we are the branches on the Vine, that's where we get our life from and we produce fruit as long as we abide (stay in His presence). The Father takes away what we don't need in our life so we can advance spiritually. (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit working as One God).

In the following verses, Jesus does say that it's important to abide in Him in order to keep producing fruit and being like Him, if we don't, we basically die and are separated from Him when we don't trust and rely on Him for life.

Hope this helps other Christians to continue spending time with God and getting to know Him so He can teach you His heart and love. 💓

~Bee

°·♔ Jesus ♔·° °·♔ is ♔·° °·♔ Lord ♔·°

May 15, 2024