Baptism of the Holy Spirit ♔·°

🔥 🕊️

But you will receive power and ability when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be My witnesses [to tell people about Me] both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the ends of the earth.”

Acts 1:8 AMP

~~~

Sure many might have been baptized in water 🌊, but many have not been baptized in fire. 🔥

Testimony Time ✨

I remember being baptized multiple times in the name of Jesus as a child for acknowledging Him as Lord and Savior and for Him dying on the cross for my sins. I knew the Truth, but I didn't understand I also needed the (Holy) Spirit. I didn't understand a relationship with God and I wasn't taught that I needed to get to know Him on a daily basis.

My teenage years were practically void of the presence of God even though I occasionally went to church, listened to gospel music, barely read the Bible, and prayed over my meals.

📌 I had no fellowship with Him and I lacked knowledge and understanding, even though I had faith in Jesus. I didn't know HOW to hear God and I just went on with life living how I wanted.

🕰️ August 21, 2021 after going through a life/identity crisis even after "doing what I want", I finally decided to surrender to God. I got baptized in fire (with the Holy Spirit;God). This day and forward, my perception on life changed, I changed, not by my own doing but by God.

I finally felt God's presence and His love and He was warm like fire. The Comforter that I needed. I was able to hear Him and know Him, even now.

~~~

He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed [in Jesus as the Christ]?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

And he asked, “Into what then were you baptized?” They said, “Into John’s baptism.”

Paul said, “John performed a baptism of REPENTANCE, continually telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, [to confidently accept and joyfully believe] in Jesus [the Messiah and Savior].”

After hearing this, they were baptized [again, this time] in the name of the Lord Jesus.

And when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in [unknown] tongues (languages) and prophesying.

Acts 19:2-6 AMP

~Bee

°·♔  Jesus   ♔·° °·♔  is   ♔·° °·♔  Lord   ♔·°

May 18, 2024