Chapter 1: The Plan

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  

Hi! Not-so-first-story-written, not-so-first-story-published, but still, I'd like to think that this is the only story I came up with that I thought would be interesting enough to post for the entire world to see! (My God, that is terrifying). So.. If you like what you read, leave a comment or a vote please? Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 

The Plan 

_________________________________________________________________________________________ 

As usual, I was in deep trouble. I mean, it's no longer a shock anymore because nowadays, I am always in trouble. But this was a different kind of trouble. I didn't get caught skipping class to participate in a protest happening outside the zoo for keeping an endangered animal instead of sending it back home; I didn't get caught sneaking out of the house at midnight to sneak into my neighbor's backyard and set the caged squirrel they'd caught sneaking into their house free; and I sure as hell wasn't in trouble because I disobeyed one of my parents' rules. 

To start off, my name is Andrea "Andy" Keegan. Before I continue, you should know one thing: my family, the Keegan's, were a prim, proper family who no one can say anything bad about. 

My mother, Madison Elizabeth Keegan, was a member of five local garden and book clubs, and an avid supporter and financer of the top clothing and perfume companies in the world. My father, Thomas Edgar Keegan, owned a world-wide famous company. A participant of local tennis and country clubs, and a business man who could make money in his sleep, he was polite, brisk, and punctual.  

Even my brother, Lucas Irving Keegan, was one of the top students in the Private All-Boys school district he attended, Cosmo. As well as maintaining a solid 4.0 average, he is also lead quarterback on the football team in Cosmo University. Lucas is an idea of what a perfect son and student is like. 

And then... there was me. 

"Shit." 

I quickly scurried over to the window, trying to make as less noise as I possibly could. Pulling open the window, I reached out with one leg and placed it out, the other leg following. There was a tree conveniently planted near the window with a long branch a few feet away. I grabbed at the branch, and hoisted myself carefully from the window. Climbing down the tree, I hit the soft grass, wincing when I made more noise than I intended to. I was about to break into a run towards where I hid my bike, when lights of blue and red and the deafening sound of police sirens engulfed the silent air, heading towards me. 

Shit. 

Being brought back home in a police car wasn't one of my favorite ways to show up home on a late Saturday night. Sure, my parents didn't even know I was out breaking into the school to set the lab animals free from their confinements, which, okay, isn't exactly okay, but it was still for a good cause. But did they care about a good cause? No. 

"This is the final straw, Andrea!" I didn't even flinch when my father yelled, his gray eyes bulging with fury. "You have done nothing but embarrass us every time your ride home consists of a police car!" 

"Dad, that only happened one time, and it was only because I wasn't running fast enough from the protest," I argued, rolling my eyes. 

"And participating in protests is okay now?" mom's face was red as a tomato, as it usually gets whenever I'm in trouble. Her blond hair was tousled, and I just noticed that she and dad were in their robes. "You are so lucky the school didn't press charges, young lady!"