Moments With Weijie- Note From The Authors

Interview With A Weijie

Hannah and I met very briefly at a Region Choir in 7th grade. We didn’t know each other then, but we could tell right away that we were soul best friends. Just kidding. I’m 99.864% sure she thought I was a tad bit freakish. The fates, however, decided that we would have a second chance at friendship, and the summer before high school started we met again at Ms. Suzanne Seaman’s Dance Studio. We put on the show Grease where I was Sandy and she was the student director. She taught me how to use a copy machine, which was monumental, but really the extent of our friendship that summer. Then school started and I realized...hmmm... this girl is in 6 of my 8 classes! We really should be friends. So we just kinda... were. We are now identical twins, best friends, have our own written language, talk about everything, and sometimes refer to each other as red-headed boys. The best part is, for us that is completely normal. She is amazingly talented in many things, one of them being writing. Partially due to this, and partially due to an odd conversation regarding Weijie, we decided to write a novel based on our lives and name it after one of the coolest people we have ever met.

Weijie Cheng was someone I knew throughout middle school, but we didn’t actually become friends until this year. Hannah and I talk about how he is one of the smartest, kindest, most interesting guys we know all of the time. I’ll text him and he never seems to believe that it’s because he’s fun to talk to. I’m not sure what other ulterior motive I would have, but alright WeiG6. Whatever helps you sleep at night. At some point he’ll realize that we legitimately think he’s a rockin’ guy. He has a dry sense of humor that cracks me up, and his intelligence is outstanding. Hannah and I decided that you should get to know him a little better before reading our book, so we devised a way for that to happen! Interview! Yay!

A: What is your star symbol?

W: ?

A: I’m a Taurus.

W: Do you wish to deduce my birthday?

A: Sure, if you give it to me I’ll look it up.

W: Scorpio.

The reason that we wanted to know this is that, for Christmas, Hannah was kind enough to give me a book entitled Sextrology, by Starsky and Cox. It was a really great laugh, and we, along with all of our girlfriends, use it as a reference for looking up how we would interact with other people. For all of you Aries out there... Weijie is single and ready to mingle ;)

A: What do you expect will become of MWW?

W: It will be humorous I’m sure, but will not display what I’m truly thinking, what I feel or anything like that accurately. But it’ll be entertaining.

A: What’s the weirdest dream you can remember?

W: I have a new proposition, before I tell you an answer to a question you answer it first.

A: Okay... I got swallowed by a huge rat, so I lit a candle and he let me go. It was trippy, I was 6.

W: I felt compassion for a human.

A: BAHAHAHA okay.. and what do you think that means?

W: Um... that I’m a cyborg?

A: Fantastic :D

Weijie is a little emotionally cut off from society. Just a little. It doesn’t mean that we love HIM any less, however.

A: Where do you think you, Hannah, John Ryan, Reason, and I will be ten years after graduation. Honest.

W: Hannah- law school or researching neurology.

Arden- Studying literature, maybe writing a book or possibly pursuing acting or singing.