Chapter 1: The Usual

Emma opened the curtains covering her window when she heard the light knocking. She smiled when she saw her boyfriend crouching on the other side, smiling at her. She unlocked the window and opened it for him to climb inside, stepping back to make room for him. "Hey," she said after he was in, as she shut the window again.

"Hey Love," he said as he kissed the top of her head. "Did I wake you?" He looked at the bed, which had a pillow on the floor beside it and the blanket thrown across the mattress.

"No," she said as she picked up the pillow and tossed it back on the bed. "Just startled me." She picked up a book off her nightstand as she sat on the bed. "Got pretty into this new book, I found it at the library."

He walked over to her, sat beside her, and slowly took the book from her hands. "The Dread Doctors. In a New England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive. Days later, they emerge transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by a group of ancient parascientists known only as the Dread Doctors." He lowered the book and looked at her. "Doesn't seem very... You."

She shrugged. "I wanted to try something different." She took the book from his hand and put it down on her nightstand. "Hang on, let me change." She walked over to her closet and grabbed one of Isaac's old Tee-Shirts, which she stole from his house once. She quickly went into the bathroom attached to her bedroom, changed, then came back out to see Isaac laying on the bed with his head propped on his hand.

"You took too long," he said, earning a slight giggle from her.

She walked over to the bed and laid down beside him, laying on her side so she coumd look at him. "I love you."

He kissed the tip of her nose as he smiled. "I love you too." He slowly scooted forward, so their bodies were pressed right against one another. He kissed her lips lightly, putting his hands on her waist.

She kissed him back as she put one of her hands around his neck, and the other in his hair. When she pulled away to breathe, he left a trail of kisses starting from the corner of her mouth down her neck.

A moment later, he kissed her again as she reached for the hem of his shirt. "You don't need this," she whispered. "Do you?"

Instead of answering her question, he broke the kiss to remove his shirt, then kissed her again. "Not at all," he whispered into the kiss.

She smiled into the kiss, and when she had to pull away again she rested her head on his chest. "As much as I'd love to keep going, I've got a chemistry test first thing tomorrow, and I need to be rested."

He smiled slighly. "You wanna know what the real chemistry is?" He motioned between the two of them, earning a laugh from her.

"Cheesy," she said as she tilted her head up to look at him. "But I'm serious."

"So am I."

She rolled her eyes playfully as she giggled and put her head back in its previous position. "You're a goof. I love you."

"I love you more," he whispered as he put his arms around her.

"No, you don't." She closed her eyes, ignoring when he tried to say otherwise. She smiled to herself as she nuzzled her head into his chest. She wanted every night to be like that, for every night to be as loving and carefree as that one. Only, it was one of the last ones they'd have for a while.