Angels and Ravens

It was a stormy, miserable, wet night. Perfect, Agatha thought, for her taking to the School.

Every kid loved this night except her. She didn't want to be taken away, so she wouldn't see her parents for three years. And then 6 weeks holiday. And then 4 years.

Agatha was sure she would be a Raven. Her Mother thought it, the Vicar told her to punish those Sinful, the dressmaker decided to make a range of clothing called Raven, perfect for Agatha. It was all the fashion, and she had to admit, it did look good.

But then her pale chubby cheeks would come back, and she'd be back to washing them with Ass' milk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She swished in her pale pink frock, admiring the bows. Her dressmaker had make it, christening it "First Angel". Yes, her dressmaker. For she was the Daughter of Mister Maxmillian Brackendale.
"Orla darling! Come here!" Her nurse called her.
"Now these are the rest of your frocks here. Madam Fitzgerald has made you 12 frocks and 2 common dresses, if you need to clean out something. Not that you will. Your boots are in here, and everything else here. The rest of your luggage is in the pink leather bag."
"Thank you, Nurse." Orla curtsied.

Similarly to Agatha, Orla was expected to become an Angel.
She went to Church, helped teach little children, and donated to the Maxmillian charity, for the homeless. Yes, her Father owned it. And yes, he gave her charity money to donate. And yes, she donated it to his cause, and was paid back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So both girls were ready. But an unexpected change in events would affect their lives forever.