chapter 1

The Mark of Athena  all rights to rick riordan a master of the words

Jason      I

Jason’s week wasn’t going so well, which really isn’t much different from how it usually is. It all started with the dream he had the night before they left for Camp Jupiter.

He was seeing scenes of the same three demigods being tortured and attacked, At first he couldn’t recognize any of them. But after a while of seeing them he started to notice that one of them was Hazel. What was Hazel doing there? He hadn’t known her too well, but he was the one who convinced reyna to allow her to join the legion. He felt like a big brother to her. Even though at the time he didn’t know he had one. Then after he noticed Hazel, one of the boys was looking familiar too.

Then it hit him, that guy was Percy, Jason had seen photos of the guy everywhere in the big house and around camp. He heard what seemed to be a hundred different stories about that guy. Most of them were impressive but some seemed farfetched even for demigod standards. But he still couldn’t seem recognize who the last kid was.

The last one probably had the strangest face to body match up ever. He had a huge muscular body, even Jason was kind of jealous of the kid, nut then he had an Asian baby faced placed on the shoulders. if the dream wasn’t so disturbing he would laughed a bit at the sight of the kid.

 Then he saw Percy get sucked into the ground, Hazel then yelled to the buff Asian kid, she called him Frank. He handed her one end of the bow on his back and she went in after Percy. Jason got a bad feeling about what that meant. The scene changed to one of the kid named frank being attacked by some fire breathing snakes, their breath seemed to engulf poor frank. Then lastly he saw Percy on a glacier fighting some soldiers, he wasn’t holding up too well, he was being pushed back constantly. Finally Percy looked like he was going to do something, and he did, he stabbed the glacier with his sword and a huge surge of water came roaring out of the crack like a geyser. The cracked piece of the glacier started to break off and with it Percy went crashing into the sea.

“See what resistance buys you,” said a voice that Jason knew all too well.

“Gaea, no matter what you show me I’m not going to listen you. This whole dream is just something you cooked up to mess with me!” Jason disputed.

“Sorry to say this Jason, but all of these events have happened. Why don’t you just give up, I will make sure to be lenient on you and any other demigods who are willing to stop fighting me,” She purred.

The scene shifted to Camp Jupiter it was chaos, there were monsters everywhere and the legion was split and looked like some of the legionaries were losing some of their will to fight. They were sorely out numbered

“As if, you wouldn’t spare us from anything,” he replied voice shaking from the panic and suppressed anger he felt from seeing the dream he was shown

“Too bad Jason, you could have saved many of your friends from sad and horrendous endings,” with that Jason woke up with a start. He needed to cool down, and collect his thoughts, so he decided to go on a quick walk.

On his walk, Jason’s thoughts were racing from trying to organize all that he saw in his dreams and his conversation. While meandering throughout the camp a sound caught his attention. He was listening hard he couldn’t hear it he was near the lake he wondered if the nyads where playing in the water. Jason was about to leave then he heard it again he looked around and saw someone at the end of the boat pier. He walked over quietly, as he got closer, he realized that the sound that person was making was crying. He stopped short, of the person and thought if it would be a good a idea if he continued down the pier.

“Whoever it is, just come over here or leave me be. Hurry up and make a decision.” The voice was slightly hoarse from being swollen and dry from crying. He barely recognized the voice, it was Annabeth. One of the last people he expected to see break down was Annabeth, she was what he thought was the personification of as “always together”.

He decided to walk over, he didn’t look at her as he sat down. Jason let a few seconds go by, listening to the sounds of the wind and the lake against the dock, before he said, “Nice and quiet out here isn’t it?”

“It was before Percy left,” she said barley above a whisper.

Her saying that made him realize this wasn’t a one-time trip for her she came here often. He felt bad that he hadn’t realized it sooner. “Well I think i got something to hopefully distract you for a little while.”

“What is it?” her curiosity piqued.

Jason hesitated; well he had already said something, there was no turning back, so he then started to tell her about his dream. He first started telling Annabeth about what he saw and then how he saw hazel. And how she dived in to get somebody, he wasn’t going to tell her about Percy at least not yet, he might fold if she questioned him directly about it. He then described the guy named frank being attacked by the fire-breathing snakes.

“Those sound like Basilisks,” Annabeth noted, “they also spew poison”.

Well that made Jason all the more comforted, he continued to tell her his dream, going next into the part with his camp being attacked. He looked over and saw Annabeth’s face, her brow was furrowed and her mouth was in a scowl, she was deep in thought. He paused to let her process the things he told her about the fight he had seen. Jason had seen his friends and family being decimated by a Giant, Centaurs, and Cyclopes.

She then motioned for him to continue. So he did, he finally got to the fun part of his dream, his conversation with Gaea. “Lucky you,” was all Annabeth said when he told her that Gaea had spoken to him. Jason told Annabeth that she said all of the visions were very real and had already happened, which he told her made him nervous about how the camp actually faired.

Lastly, he told here about Gaea’s supposed deal with him saying to give up on ther quest and she will be nice to us in return. For a second he thought he was hearing things, but then he realized that Annabeth was actually laughing.

“Ah, that’s a good one,” she said, while wiping a tear from her eye. “Gaea would never allow that, she want s total destruction of anything related to the gods. Her ploy actually was fairly impressive trying to get you using your friends and family. But I bet that that wasn’t the whole story as to what happened to all of them.’ She paused. “Did you happen to see anything about Percy?”

Crap, he knew he couldn’t keep it in now that she asked him about Percy. But alas his will bowed to her will and he described who the person was, that got sucked into the earth. Then he told her about him fighting the large group of zombie soldiers and then stabbing the ice and vanishing from sight into the sea with the chunk of ice.

He saw Annabeth smile, now he was worried about her, had he pulled the pin that made her go crazy.

“Thanks Jason, now I know he’s alive. Something like that fall wasn’t going to him he landed in the sea besides he has the curse of Achilles. And I bet Gaea just showed you the beginning of the fight at camp Jupiter. If what you tell me about them, they would turn it around for sure. Well thanks Jason. I needed some news now I’m even more determined to get him back at any cost. Night.”

Her face when she said she would do anything was frightening. He could tell she wasn’t bluffing about it, he didn’t move until she had left the pier. He got up shook his joints loose really quick and started to walk back to his cabin. When he got there he walked inside and over to his cot and sat down.

He stared up at his father’s statue, “It would be great if you could help us on our trip when we leave for camp Jupiter, “ He turn away and laid down he didn’t want to sleep because o his interaction with Gaea, but regardless he eventually drifted off to sleep once again.