The Soulmates

COLTON

"Do you think you've ever met your soulmate?" I ask as I lay down and look at the crystal blue sky.

She laughs, "What made you think of that?" I was currently outside with Ivy during our free period because it was too damn beautiful to be stuck in the library at this hour.

I shrug, "Just a thought. Now answer the question before I tickle you."

I can feel her tense up before relaxing again, "I don't know, yeah probably. I've probably seen him walk across the road or even talk to him. You never really know."

I smile, "You're right. For all I know is that I could be sitting next to her." I see the smile form on her lips and it makes me grin. She hasn't smiled all day. I was going to bash in Luke's face if I saw him anywhere today.

"Cole, why don't you have a girlfriend?" She randomly asks.

I shrug, "The girl I want doesn't want me."

"What? There is a girl? You're the sweetest guy in the world. Anyone would be lucky to have you."

I chuckle; the irony. "You would think so."

She rolls her eyes, "Well anyways, I'll be at your house around eight then we can go to the party. Sound good?"

I nod, "Are you just coming or is Emily coming to?"

"Just me tonight."

For the rest of the day, all I look forward to is seeing her in a tight-fitting dress.

When I arrive home after practice at five, I take a small power nap so I have the energy to party. After my nap, I feel somewhat rested and throw on a white shirt, jeans, and a pair of white Nikes'. Simple enough. My hair didn't look bad so I didn't mess with it. It somehow always looked best after I sweated and had a helmet on for three hours.

The anticipation of Ivy arriving was killing me. Where was she? I checked my phone every five minutes looking for a text or a knock on the door. We decided we would walk to the party because it wasn't far. Plus, she would probably spend the night again here. Her parents aren't home very often due to work. I felt bad for her, she didn't have parents like mine that were home. So, we made her feel at home here. My parents were welcoming.

After a while, I head down the stairs and see my little sister on the couch in her PJs with her best friend, Sarah. Who also happened to be my friend, Noah's, sister. "Are you going to Claire's party?" Emma asks me.

I nod, "How'd y'all know about that?" Though I lived in New York, I still had a Southern accent due to my mom being from Georgia.

She rolled her eyes, "We go to the same school, dumbass."

I raised my eyebrow at her, "Wanna say that again?"

He sighed, "So I heard Ivy is a single lady now. Tough blow."

Dang. The word spread fast. "Yeah, she's pretty upset and wanted to come to the party to get her mind off of it."

"You should kiss her tonight. Blame it on the alcohol."

I laugh, "I wish. I'd rather do it sober so I can remember it clearly."

A knock on the door made my mood lift even more. When I open the door, my mouth hangs open. She looked, stunning. She wore a red satin dress and black heels. Wow. She took my breath away. "Hey, Colton. You clean up nice. Dashing as always." She comments, leaning in to kiss me on the cheek.

I look down at my outfit. I look like trash. "You look stunning Ivy. Truly stunning."

She giggles, "I could guess that from the way your mouth was hanging open."