The Diner

COLTON

When she asked me to tell the truth I couldn't help but tell her that I truly loved her. I hope she got the hint that I'm actually in love with her, not that I just love her. I need to think of a time to tell her I had feelings for her. But, I didn't want to ruin our friendship. I'd hate to ruin a friendship of almost seventeen years.

As I sit across from her in this diner after school all I can look at is her. "Colton." She says.

"Yeah?" I never take my eyes off of her as if she may disappear into thin air if I do.

She groans, "Stop looking at me!"

I smirk, "Ivy, you're just too damn gorgeous to not look at."

I can see a blush creep onto her cheeks, "Stop!" She shields her face away from me.

I reach across the booth, grab her wrists, and peel them off of her face. I keep her hands pinned down on the table as I smile, "That's better. I can't stand not being able to see your beautiful face."

She squirms in her seat as her cheeks turn even more red, "If you make me blush one more time I will tell everyone in this restaurant about the time you-."

I immediately sit back in my seat and let her hands go in defeat, "You're evil."

"Yeah, but you love me!" She smiles.

I sigh, "Yeah I do."

The waitress makes her round back to our table and she smiles at me, "Can I get you guys anything else?"

I look down at the menu before spotting something I'd been craving for the past few days, "I'll have a cookies and cream milkshake."

"Coming right up!"

When she leaves Ivy groans and crosses her arms, "I swear you boys are so oblivious when a girl is trying to make a move on you!" Oh, the irony.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"She was so flirting with you! It's like you don't even see it." She rolls her eyes.

Oh, I see it. I just ignore it. "Ives, I told you I only got eyes for one girl. Plus, that would be rude to get a girl's number when there's a beautiful girl right in front of me."

"Colton," She pauses, "What did I tell you about making me blush? I'm going to have to kill you!" Well, I'm glad she forgot about the secret she was going to share with the whole restaurant.

"At least let me drink my milkshake first." I give her a goofy smile.

She laughs and pulls out her phone when it starts buzzing in her pocket. I wonder who was calling. It was probably her parents telling her that they won't be home tonight. Per usual. I don't listen to her conversation because I'm too busy looking at the beautiful-looking drink that was placed in front of me. I tell the girl thanks before taking a huge gulp of the drink down. Heaven.

When the call ends she plants the phone on the table and runs a hand through her hair before looking at me, "Is it okay if I stay over?"

"Of course!"

My parents loved Ivy. They knew how close we were, how in love I was with her and knew that we wouldn't ever do something sexual while being in the room alone. Well, the last one is a complete lie. Sure, nothing has gone down between Ivy and I but it could. Just like the same thing that happened with Claire and I.

Ivy hated being home alone too so she has been coming over since she was a kid. While her parents were on business trips or spending countless numbers of hours at the hospital, she would come over to mine. I'm so glad she decided to become my friend and not my sister. We would have had a problem then. Then again, I would annoy the shit out of them like I do with just her now. Just the way I am.