The Fight

COLTON

It had been at least forty-five minutes since Ivy had gone backstage. And I had her phone. Yeah, you could see what my problem was. I couldn't contact her or anything. I hope she is okay. God knows what I'll do if she's hurt.

I had tried to go backstage but the security guards did not like me. They told me to be patient and that the meet and greet would be ending shortly. Yeah. I didn't get to meet him. I was pissed. Not that I didn't get to meet one of my idols, but because Ivy told me she would be back in just a small amount of time. If she had come out and found me a while ago and told me she wanted to stay a little longer, I would have been only a little less aggravated.

By now, the building was almost completely deserted. Except for the occasional stragglers that we're still walking around. It was almost midnight now and hello, she had a curfew at midnight since she wasn't eighteen yet.

I was a year older than her, having my birthday in the summer. My parents decided to hold my sister and me back a year so we would have developed a little more and due to my father's fame with him being gone in the NFL, it helped a little, I guess? Anyways, yeah, I'm still pissed. I sat outside of the door that led backstage, now becoming friends with the security guard since I had nothing better to do.

"Son, you should just relax. Let her have a little fun," he told me.

I groaned, leaning my head against the wall, "I would let her have fun if she had her phone! I have no clue where she is or if she's even still here. I have no way to talk to her."

He checks his watch for the time, "Well the meet and greet just ended so, they should be coming out any second now."

Just as he finished his sentence the door bursts open with a group of people. I see them stumble as they walk out. I immediately spot Ivy in the back talking to a girl. I couldn't help but almost smile at how happy she looked. But like what the hell Ives? You can't get away that easily. I see her laugh and can hear their conversation if I listen. "Yeah, he even showed me how to play guitar! Posty is such a sweetheart," Ivy tells the girl.

The girl laughs, "Yeah he looked like he was really into you." I'm so glad you were flirting with Post Malone, Ivy.

My face went back to its neutral state it's been for the past hour, pissed off. When she finally notices me, she smiles and tells the girl goodbye before giving her a small hug. I'm glad she met a freaking friend and had a good time.

She walked slowly over to me, her smile dropping with every step she took. "Colton look-." I cut her excuse off.

"Ivy, I'm fucking pissed at you and I don't want to talk about it right now. Let's go." I stuck my hand in my pocket and grabbed her phone, almost feeling the urge to throw it on the ground and smash it to pieces.

She gently grabbed the phone out of my hand and almost flinched when our hands touched. I should talk about my feelings. I should scream at her right here right now. But, I didn't want to do it in such a public area. We walked to the car silently. This was so awkward.

I breathed heavily as I opened the door for her to get in. Even though I'm mad, I wouldn't act like an asshole to her.

I slid into the driver's seat and started the drive home. We stayed silent the whole way. When we arrived back at my house, we got out of the car and I shuffled around outside not wanting to go in. I couldn't look her in the eyes. I knew I was overreacting, but gosh it just pissed me off.

How could she just leave me for an hour telling me she would only be ten minutes? I mean I know, she probably got caught up in the moment and I understand that.

"Colton," her voice cracks making me turn towards her. I could tell she was sorry, I could hear it in her voice.

I still couldn't get the balls to look into her eyes so I looked everywhere but there. "What?" I kept a good distance from her, thinking if I was too close I would just forget everything that happened tonight and drown in her spell.

"Can we talk?"

I sigh, looking down at my watch, "Ivy it's almost one in the morning. I don't want to talk. I want to sleep. We can chat in the morning."

She nods and sighs, "Okay, I guess I'll go home then."

She started to walk next door to her house before I called her out, "Ivy." She turns around and tilts her head, encouraging me to continue, "Stay with me, I don't want you in there by yourself."

She walks back over to me and we head towards the door. She walks beside me as I lead her inside with my hand on her back and tells me, "Thank you."