Kim Namjoon x Reader (RM)

*In this universe, when you turn 18 a name comes on your wrist (your soulmate) so you can start your journey to find them*

My feet swung, as the air between my legs crashed against my shins as i swing back and forth. I'm currently at a children's playground. Childish i know, but it was currently my 20th birthday. I didn't really have friends and i had moved away from my parents.

Ever since my nineteenth birthday, i didn't really want to try anymore. It had been a year since my 18th birthday. Since a name was supposed to appear on your wrist. But mine never did. For the whole day i was just so upset. When its your 18th birthday and a name doesn't come up, it usually means that your soulmate died, or you were just one of the 0.01% of the population to be born without one.

I still had hope throughout the year til i was nineteen. But now i just turned 20... I've given up. Knowing that i wasn't destined for someone breaks my heart.

I stopped swinging and got up, as i realized for the whole time i was spaced out, this little boy wanted the swing. So i politely smiled at the boy and started walking away, until i heard a splash. I turn back around to see the boy had fallen into a puddle. I quickly go over and pick him up.

"Are you okay?" i asked worriedly.

He doesn't respond cause hes crying, so to cheer him up i said:

"Hey, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

He quietly says:

"An astronaut"

"Well you know what? I'm going to make that dream come true. You know how?" he shook his head.

"Here, get on my back"

He climbs on my back and i pretend to be a rocket ship and zoom off. After about 30 minutes i hear someone cough. I spin around, getting scared of the sudden noise.

"Hello, it seems you're having loads of fun with my brother, but we need to go back now"

I see where the voice is coming from. A tall man was stood there, blonde hair, sweeped back, with cute nerdy glasses and the cutest dimples i've ever seen (illegal;))

"I-i'm so sorry mister i-"

"Its completely fine. Actually i've been here watching you and my brother the whole time. So tell me, whats your name?" He asked, smiling so his dimples are on show.

" (Y/N) (L/N)" i say shyly. His eyes widen a little bit and he comes closer.

"Do you....have your soulmate yet, (Y/N)?"

"I guess i was born without one. A name never came up, and i was unluckily the 0.01% to not have one" i answer, my shyness full of shame.

"Well.. i think you do" he says, his smile not breaking once. He took his arm out and i saw a name. My name. But it had a half moon next to it?

"I don't think that's me. Sorry for getting your hopes up" i say no convinced.

"Well. My mum is an expert in soulmates. When she first saw the name on my wrist, she said the moon meant that i would have to search for you. Or you would just appear. The moon means you're special. The reason why there is a moon is because old legends believed that the 0.01% of the population without a soulmate were specifically chosen by the moon. Don't quite know why, but i'm so glad i found you"

He looks so happy, his smile seems like its been imprinted on his face.

"So," he started "want to go get coffee?"