The What?

EMMA

"What the fuck do you mean you're pregnant? Emma Grace, you're seventeen years old!" My dad shouted as he paced around the room.

I cried, "Dad it was an accident! We didn't mean for this to happen."

I looked over to my brother and Ivy who were frozen on the couch with their mouths agape at the news I had just told them. My mother grabbed my father's hand and dragged him out of the room leaving Forrest, Colton, Ivy, and I alone.

"Ivy, what the fuck?" Colton whisper-shouts at me.

Ivy scolds him, slightly hits his shoulder, and looks at me, "Are you okay? What happened, tell us the story."

Colton shoots up out of his seat and covers his ears, "Okay nope, I do not want to hear about my sister's sex life!"

Ivy groans, "Not what I mean!'

I cross my arms over my chest, "Oh come on don't act like you and Ivy don't have sex! You two are the horniest people I know!"

Colton clears his throat, "Yeah but look who's not pregnant."

Forrest stands up defensively to protect me, "Colton."

"Oh, shut the fuck up! Don't act all big and bad! You're fucking seventeen years old. What were you thinking?" Colton screams.

I looked down at my hands as tears began streaming down my face, "I was thinking that I would have a family to support me and my actions."

A hand wraps around my hand and I look up to see Ivy next to me with a sad look. "I'm here for you. I may not agree one hundred percent with your actions but I'm here for anything you need, okay?"

I begin to cry harder and lean into Forrest's side. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"Merry fucking Christmas everyone," Colton mutters before storming out of the room.

I look up at Ivy, I probably looked like a mess. I most likely had mascara smeared all under my eyes. "What am I going to do?"

She smiles softly, "Just give them time to digest. They will come around. Their baby girl just gave them some shocking news."

She then looks up to Forrest, "How did your parents take it? I suppose that is what you guys did this morning?"

Forrest clears his throat before responding, "They were shocked but are glad for us. Just wish we were older."

I stand up from my seat, "I'm going to go find them, excuse me." I walk out of the living room in search of my family who had just pretty much abandoned me. They were nowhere to be found on the first floor so I made my way up the stairs to their bedroom. I open the bedroom door to see my mom fiddling with some sort of cloth on the bed with my dad giving her moral support from behind. Colton was standing on the other side of the bed, it looked like he had been crying.

She must have noticed my presence because my mom then started to talk. "This is what you came home from the hospital," she sniffled.

She held the delicate cloth up in her hands and held it close to her chest. I took a few steps inside to where I was next to her. My mom then drops the clothing and brings me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry," she cries into my ear.

I don't respond as I continue to breathe steadily. After a minute I pull away and look into her eyes, "I know this wasn't a part of our plan for me. I'm sorry."

Colton clears his throat, "are you- are you gonna keep it?"

I slowly nod. I had thought about it for hours, wait no- days, after I had found out what to do. There was no way I was going to have an abortion. I would be too attached to give it up for adoption. "I think that's the best way."

My parents nod slowly. "Well, you can finish school this year and then we can put you online next year. You are graduating and getting a high school diploma. You and Forrest. We can support you until you guys find steady jobs. I want you to be successful even under this unfortunate circumstance."

I nod agreeing with him. I hated that I wouldn't be able to continue soccer or even have a senior year. I guess things happen for a reason. We talk for a little longer then head back downstairs where Ivy and Forrest are just chilling on the couch, looking dead.

We chat for a little longer before Ivy grabs my hand. She leads me out of the living room and up the stairs, "let your parents and Colton chat with Forrest for a minute."

We go into my room where I immediately flop onto my bed and groan. Ivy takes the chair that hangs from my ceiling and sways in it like a hammock. "Can you tell me what happened?"

I nod to her and begin telling her the story of how I got pregnant.

"Forrest, I swear to God if you throw me in that cold pool I will never talk to you again!" I scream at him as I try to run away from him on the patio.

He grabs me by the waist and pulls me close, "you're not supposed to run on the pool deck. And it's probably not even cold. Come on let's see!"

"Forrest it's the middle of fucking October! It's not going to be." He pushes me in. I gasp as I hit the surface of the water letting the cold water hit my skin.

When I finally resurface the water I immediately look for my stupid boyfriend. But he was nowhere to be found. "Forrest? You asshole where are you?"

Suddenly I am pushed up against the edge of the pool. Oh, he jumped in after me? He kisses me harshly before sighing, "you're right," he tells me.

I look at him confused, "about?"

"It's fucking freezing. Come on." He then helped me out of the pool and we tried to dry off as much as we could with not having any towels.

I groaned, "My mom is going to kill us for getting water everywhere."

He chuckles and shakes the water out of his hair, "Come on we will get dry then go clean it up."

When we reached my room I immediately went to take off the wet clothes that were clung to my body. "Now my hair is all messed up, Fore," I whine.

He chuckles and takes off his shirt, "Want to shower?"

I shrug, "I guess it wouldn't hurt." I begin to take my underwear off and he follows. "Now where do you think you're going?"

"Taking a shower. What about you?"

I look at him confused, "Oh, you're taking one with me?" I turn the water on to let the shower warm-up. I hated getting in the shower when it was cold.

"If that's fine with you." His hand begins to run up and down the sides of my arm, leaving chills down my body.

I nod and we get in the shower. And well, we begin to do everything but shower. All I have to say is that things sure do happen at the spur of the moment...