The Prom

COLTON

Prom. My last high school prom. With my one true love.

The time currently was 5:42. I was sitting across from the most beautiful girl I know, at our favorite restaurant. She looked stunning. More beautiful than usual. There's just something about her that makes her look incredible when she's all dressed up and looking fancy.

I was in a plain black tuxedo with a black tie. She was in this beautiful black lace gown that had her entire back exposed and I wanted nothing more than to run my hands over her naked body.

All of our friends were around us, but it felt as if it was just us two in the room.

"You look beautiful tonight," I tell her as I stuff another bite of the tender steak into my mouth that I had ordered.

She smiled, "Thank you for the hundredth time."

I smirked, "anytime gorgeous."

We finished our dinner and climbed into the car to drive to where our school was hosting our senior-year prom. They were hosting it at a ballroom in midtown so my parents decided to book us a hotel to stay in for the night. I am so blessed to have parents like them that trust me.

My sister, Emma, is four months pregnant now. Almost five. She told the school a few weeks ago and they took it, well. All of her friends are very supportive. As is Forrest. She is finishing the year out and then possibly starting summer classes to get her degree early before the baby comes. I'm proud of my baby sister. It just sucks that it had to be now.

But, she found out what she wants to do with her life. She wants to open up a fashion boutique. Online at first then eventually open up a store in midtown or uptown. I find that incredible for her.

Me? I want to be like my father. A professional athlete. And I want my gorgeous girlfriend, or should I say my future wife to be there along the sidelines with me. Whether or not she is still cheering by then.

Next week is our college signing day. The day we find out where everyone is going to attend college.

Division one schools, division two, and some even division three.

It's going to be a big change for me. Being far away from my parents when I've never really left home before. A tap on my shoulder brings me out of my thoughts. "Babe, are you okay?"

I turn and smile, "Yeah I'm good. Just thinking."

She nods, "Well can you start the car? I'm freezing!" I immediately grab her hand trying to warm her up and start the car with my other hand. The heat starts to blast alarming us that the car has started.

"To prom," I tell her.

"To prom!"

We arrive at the ballroom in a short twenty minutes. Short considering, we are in the city. I'm for sure not going to miss this traffic. I park the car and rush around to the other side to open Ivy's door. She thanks me and we begin to walk inside to the prom.

"Did Emma decide to come?" Ivy asks me.

I nod, "Her are Forrest are coming for a little bit, but not staying long," I pause for a minute, "I bet she looks stunning. I wish I could have seen her before we left."

"I'm sure we will see her here."

We walked in and headed straight for the coat check so Ivy could put her coat up. We thank the guy working it and then head for the dance floor.

"Can I have this dance?" I hold my hand out for her to take with a cheeky smile on my lips.

She smiles and takes my hand, "of course, my love."

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?"

We danced to Elvis and the beat of the music. I like the way Ivy and I feel together. It's like we are a perfect match. I love it. Almost as much as I love her.

I hum along to the music as we sway back and forth around the crowd of people.

"I love you," I whisper.

She rests her head against my chest pulling her body closer to mine, "I love you too, Colton."

"Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you"

I end the song by twirling her around and kissing her gently on the lips. We head out of the crowd and walk to a table, "I'm glad I fell in love with you," she tells me.

"I am glad I fell in love with you the day you moved in next door."

We chat with a few friends for a while before an announcement on the microphone is made, "it is time to announce the winners of prom king and queen."

I smile, wrap my arm around Ivy, and lean back in the chair I was sitting in.

"Now I know we did not announce who is on court this year and made it a mystery so could the following students please make their way to the stage." I didn't care anything about prom court or homecoming court, but for some reason, my girlfriend did so of course I had to act like I was into it as well.

"Oh gosh, I hope we made it Cole!" She cheers excitedly. I pat her knee twice and leave it resting on her thigh.

"Leah Spikes." The announcer says. Of course.

"Beau Hicks." Aye, my best friend!

"Claire Hastings." My girlfriend's best friend.

"Luke Manning." This is gonna be awkward if I don't get up there and my friends did.

"Rebecca Smith."

"Michael Thomas."

"Ivy Johnson." She screamed.

She stood up and clapped, "Holy shit! Woohoo!" She kissed my cheek before awkwardly standing beside me to see if I got picked for the court.

"And lastly, Colton Adams." Thank God. I stood up and headed up to the stage and stood next to Ivy.

"That's my brother! Go, big brother!" I heard someone shout. I turn slightly and see my sister standing there next to Forrest. She came. I feel bad that she will never get to come to one of these again. She won't even get to experience her senior prom.

We stand in line side by side waiting for the results. We stand there for at least an hour it feels like before the announcer goes, "The prom queen is...."

"Ivy Johnson!"

She runs up to the middle of the stage to claim her crown. She thanks the school, turns to look at me, and smiles. She looks beautiful. "And the prom king...."

"Colton Adams!"

I smiled and walked up next to my beautiful girlfriend and hugged her. "King and Queen huh?"

"A Queen always needsher king." She tells me.