FOREWORD

FOREWORD

Megan was a marriage counselor and child therapist who battled with depression after encountering a near-death experience. 5 years later, she found herself living life as normal as possible but when she later hears of her best friend Henry's marriage, her fears come rushing back in. Although it never affected her job, it was, however, taking its toll on the relationships she shared with people in her private life including her niece Lily who was to live with her for 3 months while her parents were off on a business trip. Lucky for her, she found strength in a new found friend, Mark.

Mark had coincidentally come back home after having left years ago from a traumatizing break up, and was now living in an apartment unit right next to Megan's. At first he was agitated by Megan's stand-off-ish personality, and how she handled Henry's wedding issue. But after a night of having to watch over Lily for Megan, he found a missing puzzle piece to Megan's painful past that changed the way he saw her as well as the way he saw himself.

As Megan tries to deal with her issues, Mark rebuilds his own life and helps her with her own. Amidst their complicated friendship, personal issues, and the never ending fights they seem to have, will the two succeed in saving each other's worned out hearts?