The College Decision

COLTON

We all sat in a line side by side. The fact that in less than ten minutes the school will know the university I had chosen to spend the next four years at. The school I had been dreaming of playing football at since I was young.

I peek around to the other side of the tables to see Ivy laughing at something the boy beside her said. She was so beautiful. I hope I won't be too far away from her. I hope she didn't choose a school far away.

She knows I chose a school in the southeast region. But I knew nothing about where she was going. I couldn't bring myself to ask.

They began to announce the college decisions, the girl next to me went first.

She announced where she was attending school but I couldn't tell you where. I wasn't listening. I was a nervous wreck. A nervous wreck to say what college I'll be going to. Wow. She clears her throat grabbing my attention once again as she holds the microphone out for me to take.

I gently grab it and take a deep breath, "Well I've been dreaming of this day for years now and well it's finally here! The college I have picked has offered me a full-ride scholarship for all four years and a starting position to go play quarterback since there's will be graduating this year." I grab the hat that was facing towards me and brought it to my head and placed it on, "all I gotta say is Go Dawgs, Sic Em!' So happy to announce I am attending the University of Georgia!"

The audience erupted into cheers and I smiled, not gaining enough confidence to look at her though. I stared at my mom who was in the front row cheering next to my sister. My dad was behind me.

The next few people announced their schools and I was on the verge of biting my nails since Ivy was up next. What if she moves across the country? Would we still work it out? Will we be together?

"I chose this school because I felt as if it fit me the best academically, socially, and athletically." I hear her voice start. I stare up at the ceiling praying we will be together knowing that is a slim chance.

"This school has offered me a full ride to cheer on the sidelines of the huge football games which I am so excited to do. It's a dream come true and I want to thank every single one of you for helping me make it this far. And especially one special person who has kept me on my toes and kept me motivated to be who I am." I feel hundreds of eyes on me as she says that. I smiled and thought about all of the times I had seen her at cheer practice. "I'm excited to announce that I am attending the University of Georgia to further my education as a communications major and a cheerleader. Go Dawgs!"

I immediately stood up, not caring that people weren't finished announcing their decisions. I didn't care that it was rude. All I cared about was that we chose the same school. "Ivy-" I start out telling her once I reach her.

She stands up and wraps her arms around me, and I hug her back tempted to kiss the daylights out of her, but I should probably save that for later. She laughs," I can't believe we chose the same school. How cool is that?"

"It's amazing. I love you."

"I love you too." And with that, I sit back down in my seat not listening to a word the other people are saying. My Ivy and I chose the same college. We are going to be together. This is fate.

After the ceremony, we head back home and I can't wipe the smile off my face. I think I would have been severely depressed if she would have gone to another school. I don't think I could live without her. I'm addicted to her. Ivy is my drug.

She lays on my bed sprawled out in just a huge hoodie of mine. My parents had gone out to catch up with a few friends for the night so it was just us. And we did what Ivy and Colton usually do.

Make love.

I play with the ends of her hair as she turns towards me and says, "We should throw a party."

I sit up and look at her, "a party? Tonight?"

"Yeah! Like a close friend's party. I think it would be fun!" She begs.

I laugh, "Well let me ask my parents. How many people are we thinking?"

"Fifty at most I say." I nod in agreement and text my parents knowing they would most likely say yes and to hide anything breakable.

A few minutes later they responded yes so Ivy and I got to work inviting people to attend and to bring alcohol. Once we invite people, she stands up and starts to put her clothes back on. "Where ya going babe?"

"I need to go get ready. I'll be back in like an hour," she kisses my cheek before walking to the bedroom door.

I pout, "I miss you already Ives."

"Colton, don't be such a baby," she tells me before walking back over to me. I grab her by the waist, make her squeal in shock, and kiss her deeply.

I feel her knees start to buckle underneath so I kiss her cheek one time and slap her ass before opening my bedroom door, "Okay you can go now I think I'm okay."

She chuckles and grabs her purse, "See you in a little." She leaves and I hop in the shower and clean myself up. I throw on a pair of jeans and a button-up to wear and try to dry my hair as much as I can with my towel. I always thought it looked best when I did that. I finish getting ready and head downstairs where I found snacks and drinks already laid out on the table. What?

"Figured you might need some party favors tonight," I hear my dad say.

I turn around and hug him, "thank you."

He chuckles, "No problem. If there are any problems call me ASAP. Your mother and I are going to stay at a hotel. And remember you're cleaning up any mess made!"

And with that he leaves, leaving my mouth dropped open in shock. My dad just bought me alcohol and is letting me throw a party.