I Want to Know

Daenerys rode in just behind Jon through the gates of Winterfell, her eyes first catching the glimpse of the red hair against the white and grey. The little woman next to her with her hand on her dagger, her eyes glaring at her. If looks could kill, the northerns eyes were one of the deadliest. She watched as Jon quickly dismounted before the shortest girl ran up to him wrapping him in a hug. This must be his sister Arya, the one who he thought was dead. The silent words spoken between the two were heard loud and clear. They missed each other dearly.

"Do you still have needle?" She heard Jon ask.

"Lost her a couple of times but she always came back to me." Ayra smiled at her brother, walking with him over to the red haired woman. Daenerys watched as Jon pulled her into an embrace, his soft kiss on her forehead also spoke volumes to her. It seemed like he was saying, he was home.

"Sansa's mad."

"Shut up Arya." She whispered to her sister.

"She thought you weren't coming back." He smiled at the elder of his two sisters.

"I made a promise didn't I?" She gave a small smile to those words, before her eyes flickered to the guests, her smile quickly dropping. The woman almost looked ashamed be caught in that moment. Jon turned to look back her, while she dismounted. She walked over, stopping in front of them.

"Your grace, these are my sisters. Arya Stark and Sansa Stark, Lady of Winterfell."

"Your Grace." Sansa bowed first. Arya made a mock bow, before standing up right. "Winterfell is yours your grace. We are still rebuilding after the fires and the battle, so please forgive us for the humble corridors we can provide." Sansa spoke. Lady indeed Daenerys thought.

"I've been in worse conditions before." Sansa waved at the stable boys, who quickly ran to fetch the horses.

"Bran?"

"He's in the Godswoods, I can take you there." Arya wrapped a hand around Jon's arm. Jon looked at Sansa who nodded before he turned to leave. Sansa turned back to Daenerys before motioning for them to follow. Daenerys looked towards Missandei, who she nodded.

"Winterfell has belonged to the Starks for many generations." Daenerys spoke up. She wanted to see the girls reaction. Sansa gave a sad smile.

"My father used to say, there must always be a Stark in Winterfell." Her eyes flickered up the walls, before she proceeded to move closer. Daenerys could feel warmth coming from the stones. "We have enough food and provisions to feed your army for the time being, but unfortunately we won't have enough to feed them for very long, without starving our own people."

"I brought my own." Daenerys resuarrued her.

"Forgive the northern lords they left before you arrived in order to gather enough troops for the upcoming battle. I will send Ravens out first thing to announce your arrival. They should be here by a moon's turn."

"Will we have enough time for that?" Daenerys could see Sansa was reluctant to give out even this little bit of information.

"The ones who will come before the battle will."

"They won't all come?" Sansa stopped in front of a door. Sansa turned to Daenerys before opening the door.

"The North remembers your Grace. The north is also stubborn and prideful, but knows when to come when called. These are your rooms. These are some of the warmest rooms we have. Winter is here so we have more furs if you need them. Excuse me, I have other matters to attend to before dinner." Sansa quickly bowed her head before walking off. She eyed the unsullied that had followed Daenerys before quickly leaving. Daenerys turned towards Missandei her eyes still on the retreating figure.