Chapter 25

Be sure to follow me for updates! And don't forget to check out the authors note at the end of this chapter! It's important!
———————

"So what do they expect me to do now?" Bradley paced the room twirling the pistol around his finger making me nervous it would go off. He stops twirling the gun as he passes and stands in front of me, his phone ringing from his pocket. He raises the gun and points it at me, his finger connects with his lip telling me to keep quiet. He answered the phone, "yes? I'm there right now...I'm working on it...I'll send a text from her phone."

He backs up towards the table where he had placed my phone, the gun still trained on me. I hadn't said a word since I spoke to Jasmine on the phone. I knew I'd have to speak eventually otherwise it could cost me my life but if I've learnt anything over the past year it's that he still loves me. So would he really kill me?

He threw the phone at me and demanded I unlock it. I did as he said and dropped the phone back on the table. Brad walked back over to the table and picked it up, he then took a seat across from me on another chair and began scrolling through my phone. A couple of seconds later it rang as it had been periodically for the past twenty minutes.

"That bitch just won't quit!" He yelled declining Jasmine's call. In my mind, I hoped she wouldn't stop calling until she knew I was okay but then again it was getting late and I knew she had to get up early for work in the morning. I sat on the couch not moving where Brad had led me over to with a firm grip on my upper arm. I tried to think of logical ways to get out of this situation, to call for help, to call Noah.

"So..." he threw the phone back onto the table and my eyes followed it. The screen showed a text conversation and the last one sent from my phone. "Shall we get this over with?" He began to unbuckle his belt and I immediately had flashbacks to our college apartment. He must've seen my shock as he began laughing. He whipped his belt out from his jeans and walked over to me. Brad grabbed my arm and pulled me up off of the couch. He then walked me over to the radiator on the opposite side of the room. Brad's hands pushed down on my shoulders and he yanked my arms behind my back tying them to the radiator tightly. "I'll be back." He stood and walked to the bathroom, "and if you try to move I'll do a lot worse to you than last time." I sat silently, "understood?" I nodded furiously as he disappeared into the bathroom.

Not too long later he emerged from the bathroom drying his hands on the towel which he then threw across the room. He resumed his position on the couch he was sitting on but left me sitting by the radiator and I was grateful for it, I didn't want to be anywhere near him.

"You know I can't leave until you tell me," he threw his arms out in front of him and shrugged, a few minutes of silence later he spoke again; "out with it for fuck's sake!"

"I have nothing to tell you," I turned away from him.

"How about this," he crouched down in front of me. "You give me your share of McKenzie Times and we won't hurt a single hair on your boyfriend's head. And... if you don't his whole family will suffer."

"I don't own any shares!" I practically screamed and threw myself from side to side trying to break free from the radiator. He was sitting so close to me, the gun was on the table so I started to kick my legs.

"You and I both know that isn't true," he gripped my feet and pinned them to the ground. He reached into his back pocket and removed an envelope with my name written across the front. He took out the contents and unfolded each piece of paper. He laid them on the ground in front of me. My eyes fell to the paper and I read the first few words: