Chapter 26

I'm on my way x

A text from Noah delivered to my phone as I sat in Jace's apartment while he prepared food in the kitchen. The text flashed up on the front screen, he was coming to Pennsylvania, why? I unlocked my phone and clicked on to our text conversation, the last text from my phone wasn't one I remembered sending. I need you. -_-

I began to panic and clicked the call button on Noah's contact. He picked up just after the first ring.

"Is everything okay?" Noah asked but his voice appeared to be muffled by the sound of his car engine.

"Please don't come here."

"What's going on?"

"He's here, Noah. Brad's here." There was a low growl caught in his throat. "He got into my apartment."

"Where are you? Are you okay? I'll be there soon. Everything is going to be okay. You have to trust me." His words came out frantic and rushed as if he couldn't think straight.

"He knows about my shares."

Noah sighed, "this wasn't how today was supposed to go."

Jace walked back into the room seemingly to check on how I was, after realising I was on the phone he retreated. "Why did you give me half of your company?"

His answer was simple, "because I love you and..."

"And?"

"and I want to take care of you or at least let you take care of yourself. Money hadn't been a problem between us before and I guess I was afraid that it would be down the line."

"But you gave it to me anyway?"

"I didn't want you to think that I didn't trust yo-" His voice cut off for a couple of seconds. "I'm at the airport. I'll see you in a couple of hours."

"I want to come home..." I said in a whisper.

"The door has always been open for you sweetheart. I'll be waiting for you at the airport in about two hours. I love you."

"See you soon. I love you." We ended the phone call. There was still so much to explain but right now I knew where I needed to be. I needed to be with the man I love in a safe environment and God knows that this isn't it.

"Where are you going?" Jace walked out of the kitchen with two sets of cutlery in hand, he placed them on to the wooden dining table.

"Back to New York."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why?"

"I just don't." Jace shrugged and made his way back into the kitchen only to emerge a couple of seconds later with two plates of food and a large bowl of salad that he placed in the centre of the table. "Shall we eat?"

"After everything I'm just really not that hungry," I told him and a look of disappointment spread across his face.

"Can you please just try and eat something?"

Jace slid over the bowl of salad once he had scooped himself a spoonful and placed it onto his plate. I did the same and began to pick at it only eating a couple of slices of cucumber and lettuce. My appetite was pretty much non-existent but the salad did look good. I barely touched the rest of my food which seemed to really annoy Jace.

"Eat your food, Sophia." He said as he placed his knife and fork onto his empty plate and wiped his mouth clean.

"I'm really not hungry."