The Nightmare

Drift awoke with a jolt when he heard a scared whimper.
Drift looked at his students and saw Slipstream awake and trying to wake up Jetstorm who was whimpering and thrashing around in his sleep.

"No please, Master Drift, Slipstream, Sideswipe, help." Jetstorm cried out in his sleep.

Drift immediately got up and sat next to Slipstream and placed his hand on Jetstorm's shoulder trying to wake him up.

"Jetstorm it's alright, Come on wake up." Drift said shaking Jetstorm slightly.
Jetstorm awoke trembling and his optics were wet with tears.

"Master Drift." Jetstorm whimpered.
"It's okay we're here." Slipstream said hugging Jetstorm.
Drift felt his spark shatter at the sight of Jetstorm who was normally cheery and kind so scared and frightened.

Drift then picked up both minicons and hugged them close.
After Jetstorm had calmed down a bit Drift looked down at him.

"Do you want to talk about it, if you do it might go away?" Drift asked.
Jetstorm nodded trembling slightly still.

"It was about when I got my foot stuck in the door of that tank." Jetstorm said.
Drift remembered that.

Flashback.
The weapon on the tank shook and Drift immediately transformed knowing what was going to happen.
"pupils evacuate." Drift ordered.
The door popped up revealing Quillfire shoving Springload up.

"Don't rush me he has ACID skin you know." Quillfire said.
Slipstream jabbed Quillfire with his naginata and Quillfire shoved Springload off the tank.

Grimlock ran forward and held out his hands.
"I got ya, I got ya." Grimlock said.
Quillfire jumped.
"Nah." Grimlock said moving his hands away.
Quillfire landed hard on the ground.
"Ow." Quillfire mumbled.

Slipstream then jumped and Jetstorm stepped forward.
Suddenly the door collapsed on Jetstorm's foot and he desperately tried to free himself.

Slipstream landed next to Grimlock and Drift ran forward.
" Jetstorm. " Drift said worried.
Suddenly Jetstorm's foot came free and he landed in Drift's arms as the tank exploded.

Present.
" So what happened in your nightmare?" Drift asked.
" The tank door collapsed on my foot and I couldn't free myself, I called you for help but you said I was a failure and a disappointment and Slipstream agreed, the tank exploded and Commander Russel and Sideswipe ran forward and Sideswipe said my name, then everything went black. " Jetstorm said choking back sobs.

"I'm not actually a failure am I?" Jetstorm asked looking into Drift's optics.
"No you are not I know I am hard on you and Slipstream but I love you both you have both come a long way from the thieves you were when I found you." Drift said.

" I'm sorry I ran away like that master I -I was scared and I don't want h-him to get me either. " Jetstorm said Now crying into Drift's chasis.
"I'm sorry I was so harsh on you, I was just so worried you and Slipstream mean everything to me." Drift said cupping his thumbs on Jetstorm's cheeks and wiping away his tears.

Jetstorm smiled slightly and hugged Drift tighter.
"And Jetstorm I promise as long as I live I will always protect you." Drift said.
"So will I." Slipstream said.
"I know Sideswipe will to I see he always acts like a older brother to you." Drift said.

Drift suddenly got up and left the room and came back a minute later holding a energon cube.
Drift sat down allowed Jetstorm and Slipstream to crawl back onto his lap and gave Jetstorm the cube.

"Drink this Jetstorm it should help you get to sleep." Drift said.
Jetstorm started to drink the energon and finished a minute later.
Jetstorm let out a yawn and his optics started to sleepily close as he hugged Drift.
Drift smiled and put the empty cube aside.

Drift then rubbed Jetstorm's back in a soothing manner and Jetstorm gave another sleepy yawn and fell asleep.
Drift smiled and put Jetstorm on his and Slipstream's shared berth.

"He looks so peaceful." Slipstream said looking at the sleeping minicon who now had a peaceful smile on his face as he dreamed.
Slipstream and Drift both smiled at the sleeping minicon before Slipstream got down from Drift's knee and cuddled close to Jetstorm and fell asleep again.
Drift smiled and put a blanket on the two.

"Goodnight my sons." Drift said gently.