Chapter One

Tridious's P.O.V

This should be easy. I thought to myself as I stood with my fellow warriors in front of Troy's gates. It was dark and everyone was sleeping. They did not know of our presence. At least not yet. Within the next few hours they definitely would know we were here.

I looked over at the commander waiting for his call to attack. He was the king's second in command and led our huge army. We Spartans were unstoppable under his lead.

After a half hour of standing around I began to get impatient. I wanted to attack and I wanted to do it now. But the commander had sent a man into Troy to seek the best way of attack.

I heard the familiar clang of metal and I looked to my left and saw a few of the soldiers sparring. I rolled my eyes. They were hungry for any fight they could get. I was anxious for a fight too but I wasn't interested in fighting my brothers.

I looked to my right and saw the commander talking to the man he had sent into Troy. He was a tiny thing that didn't look like he belonged on the battlefield. They finished talking and the commander called for attention.

"Fellow Spartans! Tonight we fight for revenge against Troy. Markus take your men to the dungeons and take the slaves. Lucius take your men to the main chamber where you said they have gathering. I'll take mine to the royal chambers. Understood?" the two men nodded. I was going to the dungeons. "Tonight we fight for blood! No prisoners!." The warriors roared including me. "Spartans attack!" We ran into battle.

I took many turns and ran down many flights of stairs until I reached the dungeons along with my fellow soldiers. I was enjoying myself immensely. Along the way I had cut down at least six men trying to escape.

In the dungeons I heard cries of fear and of battle. I heard the clang of swords and the spill of blood. Spartan soldiers had unlocked most of the cells and were slaughtering the slaves of Troy. I rushed to do the same. I slashed through the lock of a cell with my sword and advanced on a women. She was sobbing.

"Please don't," she begged. "I beg you. Please spare me! I have known nothing but war and a life of slavery. Please let me go!"

I considered it. I don't know why ordinarily I would have killed her without question. But something about her made me stop. Even soaked with tears, blood, and sweat she was beautiful I realized looking closely at her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I made my decision.

"Go. Run to the river and stay there. I'll meet you there tomorrow night at nightfall."

"Thank you," she said and ran out the dungeons and up the stars. I found myself praying she made it to the river. That I wanted to see her again.

Pulling my eyes from her escape route I returned to my battle.

~Hey guys! What do you think of my first non-supernatural story on Wattpad? Was it good? Or did it suck? Please tell me the truth! I hope you liked it! I enjoyed writing it! Thanks for reading and remember to vote, fan, and comment!~