Chapter 2: Hunger

With the next class appeared another nosy individual. Despite her best attempts to stay away from interacting with the very important transfer, (Y/n), of course, was given no breaks. On the contrary, when she walked in and saw him, she knew he was going to bother him. Why? Well, that was her own secret, which is why she knew to make herself seem invisible. Though, why she bothered in the first place eluded her since he ended up making a beeline to her anyway. Trying to bore him, she put on a smile and greeted him.

"People call you a princess," the blonde noted, giving a scoff, "Did you know that?"

"Well, some people call me a witch, too. What do you think?"

"There is something magical about you."

The girl's brow twitched in irritation, a reaction that was wholly unexpected. Still, it seemed his goal was not to make friendly conversation with her in the first place. On the contrary, he overstepped normal boundaries, choosing to sit next to her without her say-so. The others in the class eyed one another at the occurrence. It went without saying that (Y/n) Shiratori chose who sat next to her. And she certainly did not choose him.

"You're in a homeroom with Shota, right?"

Nothing.

"Shota Yasojiro?"

Nothing.

"Careful. Keep it up and I really might think you're a witch. How scary."

No matter what the male said, she continued to stew in silence. She had hoped he would bore himself, but, on the contrary, he spoke and spoke and spoke, only ever prompting more words out of his mouth. At times like that, the girl wished she had headphones, but, alas, it was just another luxury she could not afford. So, the most she could do was sit through it, waiting for the teacher to start speaking.

To her utter relief, the blonde shut up the moment the teacher started. For a while, the male paid attention to the class, even taking what looked like notes. However, before long, the words devolved into scribbles, devolved into drawings. When she glanced at his notebook next, she found he had drawn a portrait, using his highlighters to scribble in bits of color. Though, whatever watercolor-looking effect he was going for looked extremely saturated. Still, she had to admit the drawing itself was impressive. He must have been an artist. As she thought that, the male next to her snickered.

"I caught you staring. Isn't it good?"

The girl took another glance at the drawing, wondering if it was, in fact, good. After all, it looked like he had taken some liberties when it came to doing his own portrait. For one thing, he made himself seem much more mature in the picture. Similarly, the color of his blonde hair was a bit lighter. Then again, it must have been the extent of the highlight's coloring abilities. Sighing, she nodded.

"You must draw yourself often."

"Well, sure, but this is my brother. Isn't he handsome? Everyone says so. 'Course, I'm good-looking, too, but he's really - "

The girl groaned when she realized he had started spiralling into a tangent about his elder brother. He professed his adoration for the male again and again, listing out how, in every way, he was perfect beyond words, but she could not have cared less. In fact, she would have been unable to handle it if their teacher hadn't felt the same. The man, attempting to use decorum, spoke gently to the blonde.

"Mr. Hirasi, I realize syntax might be an exciting topic for you, but, if you're unable to restrain your excitement to the point you have to practice it in class, I recommend you take a step outside to cool down."

"Sounds good!" the boy said, leaving the classroom, "I guess I can go see Yamato while I'm at it, huh?"

Thankfully, without another word, the blonde left, skipping happily into the courtyard towards someone he seemed to know. With a sigh, the girl turned her head back to the lesson. Though, of course, the man wasn't able to get out even one word before a large clang sounded outside, followed by shouts. It riled up the class, forcing many to get out of their seats to investigate.