Chapter 3: Distraction

Shota was still in disbelief about what had happened earlier, zoning out at lunch. Though his table was - as usual - loud and full of energy, he could hear none of it through his thoughts. On the contrary, it was all made so quiet in the face of the strangeness of earlier. He might not have expected it to happen but neither Narahashi nor (Y/n) had returned. If it was a medical emergency, that made sense, but did it really make sense for a student to take an unconscious student off-grounds?

"Why don't you eat something?" Takuya asked nervously, glancing at the uneaten meal of the redhead.

"Eat...Was that really just because she was hungry? Is she overworking herself?"

"Have his brain cells finally turned to mush?" Rei snickered, using the chance to poke the redhead.

"Knock it off!"

"Oh, and here I thought you would stay unresponsive."

The redhead growled. Of course he would be disgusted if the blonde touched him. There wasn't a pleasant thing about him. Still, he kept his thoughts to himself. He didn't feel like getting into an argument with him and his pet. Whether he surpassed their logic or not, Akari always found a way to make it seem like the redhead lost. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do for his master. That was what was so annoying about dealing with Rei.

"I just...was thinking about Ms. Shiratori. Have any of you run into her?"

"Is she the vice president?"

"Yes! W-Would you happen to know anything about her?!"

"'Course! Wow, she was great. Really, she was," the blonde snickered, glancing at Yamato with a teasing grin, "Yamato and I were playing together earlier - "

"We were not playing! You dumped water on me!"

"Who cares? Point is, the 'princess' completely flipped him on his back! She was so mad, too! It was great!"

"She's...," Shota paused, lifting a brow, "Well, she's a martial arts prodigy."

"I could feel that," Yamato muttered, tapping his finger on the table, "But she was really strong. You can't do something like that with technique alone."

Now the redhead had more questions. If she really was starving, it felt strange that she would be able to do anything but walk. But she flipped a Hisaki - of all people - on his back like it was nothing? Shota narrowed his eyes again, trying to connect the dots. Though, he knew he didn't have enough dots to do that. He would just have to wait until he saw her next. Hopefully, that would be soon. Otherwise, he would go crazy waiting.

"Maybe she's just special," Akari chuckled, "Special people are special, no matter what."

"What does that even mean?" Rei huffed, grabbing the male's similar blonde hair and shoving him down submissively, "Shut up."

"'Kay!"

"We should...talk about something else," Takuya mumbled shyly, directing a worried glance at the redhead, "How was everyone's day? Was it different from Jindei?"

"No," Haru finally peeped up, rolling his eyes, "All these schools are the same."

"There have to be some differences, right?"

"Just how much money idiots spend - "

"Alright, we get it," Yamato snapped, placing his hand over the smaller brunette's mouth only to flinch, "Don't lick me, you freak!"

"Don't touch me, you dolt."

"Airhead."

"Ape."

"Brat."