Chapter 60: Teasing Isn't A Friendly Game, Highness

Rei slowly pushed the already ajar door of the red-haired male's room open, leaning against the doorway with a smirk. Shota was unamused. He was always unamused whenever the blonde was around. If there was anybody he hated besides his parents, it was Rei, the precious prince of Vethela. Rei had the liberty to think of everything as a game, toying with people's minds, hearts, and bodies however he wished. Shota knew that very well.

"What's the matter, Sho?" the prince chuckled, walking towards him playfully, "Did your feelings get hurt? I noticed - somehow, someway - my little cupcake got trapped in the cooler. Isn't she just so clumsy?"

The redhead flinched, wondering if he'd been caught. Then again, since the (h/c) haired girl hadn't stormed up to rip his throat out of him, he guessed she wasn't set free. Though, that probably also meant the others still had no idea. If they did, Haru and Yamato would be pummeling him half to death. Hesitantly, he glanced up at the simpering blonde, wondering just what he wanted.

Rei gave an amused laugh at his silence and closed the door behind them, sitting down on the bed and crossing one leg over the other. Of course he was just treating the room like his own, uncaring about its owner's feelings on the matter. If only because he was at the mercy of the blonde, Shota kept quiet, waiting for him to spit out his point. Though, Rei liked to drag it out, very much enjoying the fearful look on the younger male's face. He'd always liked tormenting Shota. It was just so easy.

"Do you remember your first crush?" Rei asked, leaning forward to inspect the male's expression even more.

"What does it matter? If you want something, say it. If you don't, just leave already."

"No, no, really. Do you remember your first crush? I do. She was a very conservative girl, wasn't she?"

Shota narrowed his eyes. Well, now it was clear what Rei wanted. Angrily, the younger male clutched at his bedsheets, trying to stifle his anger. If he got too worked up, the blonde would lose interest and run off to tell the others. Though, if he didn't get worked up enough, Rei would press him even more. None of those options were at all desirable but he didn't have a choice, forced to play along with the blonde's mind games.

"Wasn't she...Oh, that's right!" Rei brightened up, "She was from the Nabare family. They're only viscounts, but, when they serve the royal family, there's no use worrying about titles. No one compares, hm? Ah, she had this dark black hair which is super rare in Vethela. Her father is an Athainian noble, right? If I remember right, he used to be very close with your family. What else do you remember about her?"

"Please, stop. This isn't at all - "

"No, no. Play along, Shota. Or I can get the others to instead."

"She...had blue eyes."

"And?"

"And...she was able to speak two languages and had such eloquent speech that she seemed more mature than others."

"Very good!" the blonde clapped, his grin widening just a bit more as Shota's expression became strained, "She was so super sweet to you, wasn't she? Even after your father started making a fool of your family and everyone ignored you, she really cared about you. Maybe she liked how smart you were. It was so hard to - "

"Rei," Shota trembled as he was forced to recall the memories, "I can't do this - "

"You have to. I didn't give you a choice. The alternative is that you go and get kicked out for doing something like that to (Y/n). Is that what you want, Shota? You want to lose another girl because you're a coward?"

"No! I...I just..."

The red-haired male wasn't thinking when he trapped her in the cooler. Really, he was an idiot, blinded by his own frustration. If he had just thought about it for one moment before doing anything, he wouldn't have been in that situation - forced to let himself be tortured or never allowed to be near the younger girl again. He knew what he had to choose but it didn't make it any easier when he knew Rei was enjoying himself so much.