Chapter three

Sorry for the late update.
For some reason my Watt pad was not opening my book.

I hope that won't be happening again in the near future.

Enjoy this chapter.

~black-wicked

******************************

It took like forever to get out of that place. It was like a maze of similar trees and grass. If I was in my human form I would be pulling my hair out of frustration.

When I was close to my pack's bounders I could see my warriors. They had been on strict patrol since their alpha went missing. It gave me comfort that at least Xander was still on their minds.

I shifted back and wore my clothes then rushed to the pack house.

Outside our house were three cars. Two of which were black Mercedes and the other was a white Harrier ( I don't know if those are the latest but I love Harriers).

They were definitely expensive and fancy. On their side there was a star. I would know that star from anywhere. That star brought both good and bad memories. Beginning and end of my curse. Plus it wasn't just any star. We all feared that star.

A silver star.

'Oh shoot' I face palmed myself for forgetting this day. It was the annual visit for Xander's family. They started that stuff after we got together with Xander. They would come and visit us more frequently, but ever since he went missing they only came once. His mother said that it was only a kind gesture to show they cared. If they even cared about anyone especially her.

I hated how they only came to ask about about his whereabouts and say how incompetent my troops were. Never even once had they contributed to looking. They said that it was my fault that Xander had gone missing.

I mean I also blame myself for that, does she always have to rub it in my face.

At least now you know how the strongest pack is symbolised. The Knights pack. Even though silver affects wolves they live on land that has much silver. They usually manipulate the silver and find a way to make weapons. They trained the members into mindless killing machines.

Whenever they see a rogue they wouldn't even think twice to strike. Enough about them let me stop stalling and go face my demons.

I walked into the house and to my surprise I was tacked by some small girl. No doubt that was Xander's sister, Anna. She was the sweetest among them all. Plus that girl was intelligent.

"My word is tyrant," she said amidst her laughter.

"Mine is memorial," I answered her.

She got me to reading my dictionary from the beginning to the end. Saying that it would be fun to see who would complete first. At least it gave her motivation to improve her language grades.

"No fair, I told that word last time. Plus you are a slow reader. How did you reach that far?" She asked with an adorable pouting face.

"Maybe I decided to up my game. I can't just let you will that easily. Plus repeating words is not bad."

"Okay but by next week I will have found a new word," she said with such a determined tone.

Next week! What does she mean by that? Are they staying for that long?

As if she noticed my anxiety she said, " don't worry mom said that we will be staying to lend a helping hand."

Ha, now. Better late than never.