chapter 1

EMMALEE POV
I wake up with heavy eyes from lack of sleep I got last night.. And now I have to go to school, great! I walk down stairs and of course my mother is gone again. Some times I swear she doesn't even love me. All she loves is work. I pack my back pack and head back up stairs to get dressed. I pick out black leggings, a white shirt that says "people scare me" in black writing, and a black cardigan. I quickly do my make up, applying some foundation, concealer, eye liner, and mascara.

I walk to school with my trumpet in my hand. Just then I see a couple of the boys who pick on me walk up. "Hey bitch!" One of them yell at me. "You are a fat ugly slut!" Another boy yells after punching me in the stomach. Yea.. The punching does hurt, but the words hurt more. I get up off the cold wet ground and feel a tear fall from my eye. The boys walk away, and I run the rest of the way to school. "Fuck them, fuck me, fuck my life." I mutter quietly to myself as I enter the school. I run into the bathroom and lock myself inside the stall. Then I take out my blade. I add three fresh cuts to my thousands of old scars. But it's not like my mother would notice. She's either to drunk all the time or at work. I seriously just fucking hate my life.

I clean up the cuts and walk to the music room where I spend most of my time. I put my trumpet on its shelf and sit on a chair in the middle of the empty room, silently crying to myself. The small sobs fill the quiet room. The first bell rings and I sigh. "Time for hell." I say to no one in particular.

I walk down the busy halls of my high school. I feel that every one is staring at me. So I rush my way to my first class... Math great! I sit in the back of the class avoiding all human contact possible. I watch the clock the whole math class. Because I don't need math in my future. I plan on being a trumpeter, or dead so... Yea! The bell rings and it's now music class. I once again make my way to the music room. Once again I'm alone . "Thank god." I whisper so myself.... But little did I know, I wasn't alone.