Why . . .

Castiel had been looking for Dean for a week which seemed like months. Sam refused to help. He never told Cas why though. He got that mark he-he shouldn't have. That's what made him run off. Cas had thought this everyday he looked for Dean. Not being an angel didn't help either, he had to travel by car, which made it unnecessarily longer. Cas was looking one day and got exhausted from driving. He decided to pull over for a drink. He got out of the car and went into the building. He looked around. Only one person was there, he sat in the corner. It was Dean! He walked over and sat next to him.

"Dean!"

"Hello, Cassie." He looked at Castiel with a smirk on his face. "Didn't expect to see you here."

"It's Castiel . . . or Cas."

"Not anymore." Castiel rolled his eyes,

"I was looking for you Dean."

"Didn't you read the note I left you and Sam?"

Castiel tilted his head. "Sam didn't tell me about any note . . ."

"Yeah, well, I have to leave."

"Why Dean?!"

Dean gulped. "I'm terrified Cas. I'm scared that this mark is going to eventually take over and I'm going to hurt someone and I won't be able to do anything about it."

"Dean we can figure this out. Please just come back to the bunker."

"Cas I can't I'm afraid I will hurt you and Sam."

"Well, maybe not the bunker . . . but, obviously you can control yourself. You have done nothing to hurt me."

"Cas," His eyes were big, filled with regret and sadness. "I can't."

"De, please just come with me. I need to at least try and get you back to the way you were before you had the mark."

"Cas please just listen to me. You are strong, and brave. You can go on without me." Dean looked at the ground.

"Dean I can go on without you . . . just nothing can describe how much I don't want to. . ." Dean looked into Cas' eyes.

"Castiel. Please. When I'm around you I have this really bad feeling. It keeps telling me I have to hurt someone. I don't want you to be the one hurt."

"De . . ." He looked at Dean with tears running down his cheek. "Please, let us try, Sam doesn't even need to come into this. I could be the only one with knowledge of where you are." Castiel could see in Dean's eyes, tears forming,"

"Goddamn it Castiel! The night before I decided to leave I almost killed you. . . right when I was about to I stopped but I still had that stupid feeling. I just-just don't want to lose you Cas." Dean stood up. So did Cas.

"Dean . . ." He said this with tears streaming down his cheeks. After he said it, despite the danger, he leaned in and kissed him. Dean pushed him away.

"Cas . . . please. . ." They looked into each other's eyes.

"Dean, I don't care . . . it's not like you would actually kill me."

"Cas, the point is I actually tried to hurt you."

"Dean please, you can't live like this. I won't be able to live knowing you are like this and I could have helped." Cas had one hand on each of Dean's shoulders.

"Castiel. There is nothing to be done. Please let me go." His eyes were wet.

"Dean, just please know . . . I love you and one last time." Castiel leans in to Dean and kisses him. Dean resists and leans back out of the kiss. He hugs Cas and starts to cry.

"I know Cas, I know."

"I-I guess I'll leave but please don't forget me . . ." Dean was still hugging him. Cas laid his head in the crook of Dean's neck.

"Cas," Dean tilts his head up. He kisses Cas and Cas melts into the kiss. Dean pulled away. "I love you, too." Cas stood there with tears streaming. "I just- never mind."

"What Dean? Tell me, please."

"I just wish we could have lived. You know the whole deal." Castiel tilted his head. "Maybe a house, with a fence."

"Dean we still could." Cas sniffled in-between sentences. "If you gave me the chance to try and help you." After he said this he looked down at the floor. Dean continued talking as if nothing had been said.

"Maybe by the beach, yeah I like the beach." He smiled a forced smile. "We could wake up and sit on the beach for hours."

"Please we could still do all of that. Please I'll do anything for you to let me try and help you . . ."

"Hell maybe even a kid."

"De . . . please"

"A girl would be nice, seems like she would be easier to take care of. Finally stop the family business once and for all."

Cas was sobbing now unable to control it. "Please Dean we-we could have all of that . . ."

"And a cat, I don't really like dogs." Cas can't respond through the tears. Dean started to cry.

"I'm so sorry Cas."

"Dean please listen to me." He stopped sobbing for the minute; tear still streaming down his face. "I love you and we could have the house, everything. Just please let me try and help you through this Dean."

Dean looked angry, not at Cas, but at himself. "The whole life story thing was stupid. I'm stupid for even getting this fucking mark."

"I know you want it gone completely but . . . Sam thinks we may have a way to delay the affects for a while."

"But as you said it doesn't fully get rid of it."

"No, but it gives us more time!"

"To do what? Live a lie? Knowing one day something bad is going to happen and not know when?" He paused for a moment wiping a tear from Cas' cheek. ". . . I'm sorry Cas."

"No Dean. To give us more time to find out how to get rid of it! Please I'm not giving up on you."

"Cas, I love you. You know that? I love you so much. So much. Just don't forget that."

"Dean I know. I love you, too. I will never forget, But why are you saying this."

"Just because, I wanted you to know."

"Dean . . . I-I have loved you ever since I gripped you tight and raised you from perdition. I love you Dean Winchester and I don't want you to leave my life." Dean leaned down a kissed him.

"I know." Cas started to speak after Dean had said this. His was barely heard.

"Please, don't do this."

"Cas," his voiced cracked. "What else am I supposed to do?"

" . . . Trust me . . ."

THE END

*Authors Note: What do you think?

Should I add another chapter?