Duty or Passion

We see a flat and there is an 18 year old guy playing his guitar in his bedroom. It was a 2 bedroom apartment. Suddenly his father barged inside,

Varun: How many times have I said you not to play music in our house. The neighbors may complain.

The boy looks up stopping to play.

Arnav: Dad, It's summer vacation. I am waiting for my 12th results. I am bored. What else do you expect me to do?

Varun: you could join your friends.

Arnav: Everyone is out of station enjoying their holidays. Where do you expect me to go?

Varun: Well I've got to join you in some classes.

Arnav : Yeah! even I was thinking of the same dad! What about Guitar classes?

Varun: You've gone mad!!

On the other side. We see an independent Porsche house. A girl of 17 years wakes in an oval bed. Her servant brings her hot chocolate. She drinks it and goes out of her room. She goes and hugs her mom.

Reema: Good morning beta!

Khushi: Good morning mom! I love you

Reema: So, have you decided which music college are you supposed to choose.

Khushi: Mom!! I'm just in 11th standard. There is still a year left. I bet you! I'll be the topper this year.

Reema: You sure will!! Sweety, but you need to.....

Khushi: Cut it mom!! I hate music. Just because you are a playback singer, I can't become one.

Reema: But no Khushi....

Khushi: I want to become an engineer!!

Reema(shocked): What?? But everyone in our family belong to music background. Your grandfather and your grandmother both were film singers and your mamaji is a pianist in Hollywood. Why are you so adamant in becoming an engineer??

Khushi: You missed Dad!! He is an engineer.

There was a silence. Reema was serious now. Reema and Khushi's dad had separated since she was 5 years old. Every Saturday and Sunday, she would go to her father's house and spend time with him.

Reema: Look beta! For us, degree is just something to prove us educated. Nothing more than that!

Khushi : But I hate music and I love learning!!!!

Other side,

Arnav: But I hate studies and I love music!!!

Varun: Look beta I'm not a playback singer!! Neither do anyone of our family members belong to this profession. We don't have backup. And most of it all!! I am just a clerk working in a private bank. We are just a middle-class family.

Arnav: Stop it dad!! Even Mahendra Singh Dhoni was from a middle-class family! he followed his passion and look now! He is...

Varun: There may be one or two examples like this. But I can show you 1000 examples of whom people have succeeded through education. You are going to join this engineering college and that's for sure.

Arnav(in tears): But I want to join Music college dad!

Varun: What?? Are you mad?? We have spent so much bucks on your education and you are into music!! What will you become after pursuing this course??

Arnav: A playback singer or a guitarist maybe.

Varun: My foot! you are going to become an engineer. You will be the first engineer of our family.