✯chapter 1✯

"Brynn can you please tell Alex to ask Austin if he likes me." I coo as I stare at Austin Mahone down the hall talking to his friends.

"Courtney just ask him out already!" Brynn, my best friend and also Alex Constancio's girlfriend, says as she shakes me out of the haze I was in.

"You know it's not that easy." I pout and put my books in my locker.

"Maybe it is. He's so into you!" she squeals and I sigh. "Text me k?"

"Ugh where are you going?" I ask, I thought we made plans.

"Alex is taking me out, he's so romantic!" Brynn skips off and I once again sigh. I shut my locker then gasp in fear because I notice my older brother Owen is right next to me.

"Why so sad baby sis?" he asks slightly laughing.

"If only you understood." I roll my eyes and lean against my locker.

"Is it him?" Owen starts to laugh and point at Austin which causing me to seat his arm in anger.

"Shut up!" I panic while my dumb older brother laughs at my crush.

"It's pretty funny that you think you have a chance. That kid is gorgeous." Owen jokes and he laughs as he walks away from me to join his football team. Sometimes I want to rip out his guts.

I decide to stare some more at the beautiful human just a few yards away from me. I zone out that I don't notice Zach Dorsey approaching me.

"Helloo?" Zach asks moving his hand slowly in front of my face.

I stare at him and have no idea what to say. "Hi." I blurt out.

"Like what you see?" Zach motions to himself and I shake my head and laugh a little.

"I wasn't looking at you." after I realize what I had said my face flushes red. Austin was standing alone gathering things in his locker. Alex had gone with Brynn, Zach had walked over to me and Rob must've went home. I honestly wouldn't have noticed because Austin was the only one I have been focusing on since the beginning of high school. I'm a junior now but the foolish four are all seniors so it's not like I have a chance anyway.

"You staring at Austin?" Zach whisper shouts. I nod slowly and I can tell I slouch a bit as I do it.

"Ask him out." He suggests but I shake my head quickly. No no no.

"It's not like he will say yes. He doesn't even know who I am." I say under my breath and start to walk off.

"Or maybe he does." Zach stops me and I stare at him for a moment or two.

"Talk, now." I demand and Zach tells me about Austin's crush.