Chapter eight

To say this trip was uncomfortable would be an understatement. I was practically in a trio with everyone angry with me. She wouldn't even look me in the face. So much for a best friend. But I also lied so I think she had the right to be upset. Who I'm I kidding? She won't talk to me until I tell her everything.

"A penny for your thoughts."

I even had forgotten that Amy was by my side.

"Amy"

"Yeah, I know. What did you two fight about this time?"

From her tone I don't think telling her that we argued about a girl who was not her. She would become super jealous and cranky.

"Nothing important." I didn't miss the look that Sandra gave me from across us. We were in a limo, so it was easy to see her reaction. Thank the heavens her mate was asleep in her arms. I don't think Klaus would be happy that I upset her mate fifth time in a week. There's only a limit that you had before you got to him, and I had passed that limit.

She later switched her attention to her mate and run her fingers through his hair. He unconsciously let out a purr and Sandra smiled and continued.

I always envied their interactions. They always seemed so in love. Quite the contrary to the bond I had with mine. Don't get me wrong. I loved Amy.

No, Amy loved me.

I didn't even know what I felt for Amy. She was okay and cute and sweet. She had her moments when she would be a mate while others she was just a witch.

When I woke from my 'coma' she was the first face I saw. She told me that we were mates and confirmed it with a touch. I felt sparks then, tingling sensations that left me wanting more of her touch. The days later were filled with love and her reminding me the bond we had before my 'incident'. She never really told me what happened because every time she did, it upset her.

I didn't what my mate upset. So, I just stop asking her.

What keeps questions in my head is the fact that both me and Sandra were in a coma. Klaus tried everything to convince her just that they were mates.

He even bought her an island!

Which we are heading to at the moment. To the human world. And to be honest I am not thrilled to go back. We usually come back here after a while for Klaus to tend to his 'business' but that's lies.

He actually comes to torture some wolf. He often visits behind Sandra's back but no one tells. I recently found out when I compelled Amy to tell me about their secret rendezvous.

Yeah that's right! My sweet girlfriend is a monster. I didn't believe it myself. Don't get me wrong witches are evil, but travelling almost ten miles just to torture someone seems extreme.

Let's say since that time our relationship has been rocky. I'm always wondering if she will one day snap and hurt me. Not like she hasn't, but that was an accident, right?

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't notice that Amy had fallen asleep on my lap. She looked so peaceful and so calm. Not like a raging storm wanting to bring destruction and carnage around her.

"You know, she does care for you. I don't know why you are cheating on her," said Sandra who still was playing with Klaus' hair.

"I'm not cheating on her. I just found the other girl intriguing nothing more."

"Intriguing enough for you sneak out every time you get a chance."

I was so shocked that I didn't even utter a word. How many people actually know about me night walks. I don't really want to know now.

"Just don't waste her feelings for someone you don't even know." With that we fell into a partly uncomfortable silence until we reached the human land.

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

"If you can calm down a bit, maybe then we can come to an agreement."

I turned and looked at Alpha Andrea, Alpha of Purity pack. I hadn't even noticed that she was standing at the door.

"How long have you been there?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Please come in."

She did so, looking around my room. She looked very attentive looking at the furniture and walls, as if something would crawl out of them.

"There is very strong energy in you, you juts have to find it. Gently, violence isn't the way."

"How can I be peaceful when all he does is insult me all the time. So much for an uncle."

"Xavier is just mad that you make more sense than him," I just laughed a little "and the fact that you can stand up to him. You are very courageous."

"Thanks."

"Don't let anyone take that away from you. And please keep that ring safe, we don't want Xavier to know that you met a vampire."

I was beyond shocked when I heard her say that. I'm very sure my face showed the surprise because she just waved her hand to dismiss the issue.

"I can feel power from a mile away and you hold a lot of it in your hands. Just use it well and try to be lenient with Chris, he's still a lost soul." She winked at me and made her way towards the door.

"And Stacey," I looked at her very quickly hoping she will enlighten me " all the best in finding the answers you seek."

How she knows all that was beyond me , but the fact that she told me to keep the ring safe raised alarms.

I reached into my pocket and looked at the ring. Something so small but gorgeous, it surely had a lot of secrets to hide.

Was it that special, that a stranger left it with me for me to find him?

I was more than ready to know the answers and knew that this was just the beginning of a very bumpy journey.

There loves is chapter 8.

Hope you will enjoy it.

Merry Christmas to you all and hope you have a nice one. I'll keep the updates regular.

I had a bit of writer's block but I'm very ready to continue with this story. It is one of my initial stories and I refuse to leave it hanging.

I'll see you it that it gets the ending that it deserves. I appreciate all the support that you have given me this year and I hope to have double or triple the support next year.

We'll have a new year chapter for both books, I'll keep you posted.

~black-wicked 🐺