We Can

a/n: please read "We Can't" before reading this story. lots of resemblances are made between this book and the previous one so look out for those! Make sure you read the trigger warning before continuing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past Sana's thoughts.
Present Sana's thoughts.

Uh, hello. My name is Minatozaki Sana. This is the first page of my diary. I'm 65 years old. Is that weird? A 65-year-old woman writing in this diary.

Lots of things happened in my life. Unexpected things. If I could describe my life in three words, it would be exciting, suspenseful, and passionate.

A little history about myself, I was named after my great grandmother. Her name was also Minatozaki Sana.

Mother has told me that she paved the way for me and this one girl. I will get to her in a moment but I need to tell you about the story of my great grandmother.

First of all, she came from a rich family and passed down the money to my grandparents, parents, and eventually me.

She got married to a man named Mark Tuan. Before Sana died, she gave birth to a baby but did not really tell anyone. Mark was later arrested for abuse later on after her death. He ended up having a child with someone whilst he was in prison.

I do not recall the name of the person whom he had a child with though. He got out of prison after about 20 years or so.

He moved in with the girl he impregnated and met his daughter for the first time. Her daughter then went on and married another man.

They had a child who then grew up to give birth to a baby boy named Mark Tuan. It was odd that they named their child after an abusive spouse, but I felt as if it was a topic too sensitive to discuss with Mark.

Anyway, back to the old Sana. She went through a lot of things. She fell in love with a girl named Chou Tzuyu but it was pretty much forbidden love.

I was shown a picture of Tzuyu herself. She is absolutely stunning. I could tell why great-grandmother fell in love with a girl like her.

What mother loves about me the most is that I look exactly like great-grandmother. She always gets emotional when she talks about it. 

She keeps telling me that I am her "next life."

I had no idea what that meant as a child. 

I came across Sana's old letters. Hah, it feels kind of weird to be writing my own name into this journal. 

About the letters, they were so emotional. I read through all of them and I could not help but cry. Sana's feelings were so deep for Tzuyu.

Tzuyu's feelings for Sana were so deep too. I could tell just by reading the letters. I think that there were about five letters or so, each written in different years.

Sana's baby was then taken care of by her maids. She grew up without Sana or Mark. Although this affected her life, she was able to move on then give birth to my mom.

My father's whereabouts are unknown. My mom had not really spoken about it all my life.

I eventually got used to living without a father. After all, my mom and I were practically best friends.

 I was basically the jewel of the family.

While I was young, everyone treasured me so much because I looked exactly like Sana. Even my grandmother would shed tears when she saw my face.