CHAPTER 9! after everything she'd done to him, he still pitied her

ONCE MORE TO SEE YOU ★﹚

CHERRY HUFFED AS SHE GOT TO WORK!

fortunately, the work was just standing behind the front counter and doing nothing.

unfortunately, she'd been assigned to work with chloé and adrien, the people she hated the most out of her entire class.

mia had been assigned to work out front as a bellboy with kim, alya was assigned trash duty, and marinette was just a general employee.

"i hate this. i'm so bored. life is so hard because the sexiest, funniest people suffer all the time." cherry complained as she leaned back in the receptionists chair.

"good to know you're living in peace." adrien commented, watching chloé stomp around the room.

cherry rolled her eyes, trying to ignore his comment. he always ignored her comments. when he did have a reply, it was always something stupid, yet it seemed to get on her nerves perfectly.

despite claiming to hate each-other, they had spent too long together. they knew everything about one another.

nobody knew adrien like cherry did. they didn't know what he was really like when he wasn't smiling in front of cameras or pretending to be the sweetest person to ever live.

nobody could ever be that nice. nobody. adrien agreste wasn't an exception to human emotion, no matter how much people believed so.

the front door opened, revealing jagged stone, his assistant penny, and fang, jagged's pet crocodile.

"you old enough to even be working?" jagged questioned cherry, who was grinning.

"not legally. but money is money." cherry grinned.

jagged held his hand up for a high five.

the first time he'd ever worked with her, she'd been about ten. it seemed he still thought she was ten.

"excuse me, but this is a luxury hotel, not a zoo!" mr. bourgeois commented, approaching the rockstar. chloé whispered something in her fathers ear that made him change his mind. "mr. stone, welcome to the grand paris hotel! i am mayor bourgeois and the owner of this luxury establishment, in fact, the most luxurious in all of paris. how might we serve you?"

"how'd you think? i didn't just come here to admire your lobby." jagged replied, his natural glare resting on his face.

adrien could tell why jagged and cherry got along.

"jagged would like to check into your most luxurious suite." penny informed, staring at the mayor expectantly.

"and fang better get a real bathtub, not a tiny water hole like the one in that hotel across the street." jagged warned, taking in every bit of the hotel, searching for flaws.