CHAPTER 2! every time she was in the room, she was all that adrien focused on

ONCE MORE TO SEE YOU ★﹚

﹙ONCE MORE TO SEE YOU ★﹚

MARINETTE HID!

she was nervous, trying to gain the courage to go up to adrien and give him the birthday gift she'd spent weeks making.

"you can do it, you can do it!" alya encouraged, on the verge of shoving her forward.

"yeah. why are you scared? adrien has never had female contact in his life. he'll cry if you go up to him." cherry scoffed, standing in front of marinette. "in a good way!"

cherry spun around to face her friend. that way, marinette was hidden, and cherry wasn't forced to stare at adriens stupidly perfect face.

finally, alya pushed marinette in front of adrien.

marinette held up a thin, bright purple box, with a pink ribbon tied in a bow, directly in front of her face in an attempt to hide the blush.

"hey!" marinette laughed awkwardly, and waved.

nino and adrien shared a look.

"hey." adrien waved back, slightly surprised.

"i wanted to gift you a make! i mean, gift you a give i made! i mean-" marinette began.

a blonde girl shoved marinette out of her way, leaping into adriens arms. cherry steadied marinette, and stared at the girl in front other.

chloé. she was adriens only other childhood friend, and the daughter of the mayor of paris.

"happy birthday adrien!" chloé hugged him. she pressed her face up to his, and kissed his cheek.

"yeah, thanks, chlo." adrien patted her back, slowly pulling her off of himself.

"did you get the gift i sent you?"

"uh, no?"

"ugh, those pesky delivery guys! i bet it was too heavy so they had to go back and get another guy to help. those slackers! i'll make sure they get it to you by tonight!"

chloé hummed to herself as she walked away.

nino chuckled, and punched adriens shoulder.

"get back there!" alyas voice whispered, from the other side of the stairs. "don't be a push over. literally."

cherry looked around, realizing she was standing alone.

marinette had immediately ducked back behind the stair case, and alya joined her.

adriens eyes lingered on the red haired girl in front of him, who glared in return, and ducked behind the staircase.