CHAPTER 3! what was wrong with him? why was he so entranced

ONCE MORE TO SEE YOU ★﹚

CHERRY LEANED AGAINST MARINETTE!

the blue-haired girl held up a well decorated banner. the crowd of her classmates giggled with delight.

"impressive, marinette!" adrien complimented, with a playful wink.

marinette giggled in return.

she buried her face into the banner, disguising the pink that coated her cheeks.

cherry scoffed, avoiding adriens eyes. she always did that. it seemed to happen right before adrien even opened his mouth.

adrien never had a problem talking to people. he was adrien agreste, why would he?

but cherry was a completely different story.

his brain couldn't function whenever he was near her. his heart would pound in chest, and he would argue with himself mentally as to wether or not he should speak to her, and the moment he decided to open mouth, she was already gone.

adrien had no idea why he was so interested in the girl.

maybe it was just the fact she was new?

or maybe it was that she despised him for absolutely no reason at all, but was the sweetest person to just about anybody else?

why?

"you all picked the wrong side to cheer on. looks like alix isn't even showing up! probably too chicken to race an extreme athlete like me." kim spoke, popping up his biceps.

"spoke too soon, kim. your ridiculous bets are over. i'm gonna leave you in the dust, meathead!" alix grinned, holding up her skates.

"you're no match for me. my neck is bigger than your thigh."

"is that a good thing?"

marinette laughed. mumbling something to alya. max pushed kim and alix away from each-other, pausing their argument.

"let's review the official rules. two laps around the fountains; approximately 500 yards. the first one over the line's declared the victor! if kim triumphs, alix will relinquish her rollerblades to him. if alix triumphs, kim will be prohibited from making another dare for the rest of the school year." max looked over his notepad, reading out its scribbled contents to the crowd.

"we're through with all of those stupid dares!" juleka cheered.

"uh-huh, that's right!" ivan agreed.

"no more dares!" nathaniel pumped his fists.

all of the crowd moved from out of the street onto the sidewalk.

alix left a small, gold object in marinettes palm. she rambled something about the item being important to her family.