Chapter nine

Dedication to kordjeii thanks. For all the votes and comments.

It was in the middle of the night. We had already returned to the pack house and I was still trying to understand what that alpha said. I had been restless for a while now, two weeks to be honest. I hadn't seen Xander lookalike in a while and I wasn't sure I would.

I left my room and went to the kitchen to get food. I was starving. On my way, I noticed that the kitchen lights were already on. There wasn't any peculiar scent in the air so I juts assumed that it was a servant. When I walked in I was surprised to see my sister holding a bottle of whiskey.

"Zoey."

"If your here to judge me, please make yourself useful and leave."

I knew she was having a hard time but drinking herself to sleep was not helping anyone. It had been a week now when Brian turned eighteen and found out that Zoey was not his mate.

He hadn't told her that immediately and that made it even worse. He said that he couldn't smell his mate but was sure it was her. He pretended that he still liked her. They went for a date at a restaurant out of town, and that's when all hell broke loose.

Apparently Brian's mate, Caroline saw them and created a scene. Zoey said that Caroline attacked her and called her a mate snatcher. Zoey was confused but caught on the accusations when Brian wasn't saying anything to oppose the accusations.

She had been so heartbroken for week and that didn't seem to end any time soon.

"Zoey, come here."

She looked up from her whiskey and stood up. Even though she was taller than me I was still able to wrap my hands around her shoulders.

"Don't beat yourself up, he doesn't deserve your tears."

"I know but I can't believe he could keep something like that from me. He didn't even stop her when she slapped me and claimed I was talking her mate. I wish you were there."

"I'm sorry, I can't imagine how your feeling right now."

"Like crap," she said with a humourless laugh "I just hope that I find my mate sooner this sucks."

"You will in ten days and if your mate isn't from this pack, then you have an excuse to travel."

"Come with me, maybe we will find something about Xander."

"I'll think about it," I told her withdrawing from the hug.

"I'm hungry, what me to make you something?"

"No, I'm good I have food with Liz before I came here."

I heated some chicken and rice that was in the fridge then joined Zoey. She was still drinking but at least she wasn't crying.

"You said she slapped you, right?" She nodded her head. "Please tell me you hit back." She just snorted facing me.

"Have you met me, of course I hit back. She's nursing a black eye right now. I wished you saw his face," laughing hysterically, "he got so red, gosh I thought he was sick."

"Good cause I'll have a word with her, no one hurts my family expect me."

We were talking for a while before I felt that my chest was burning. I rubbed it hoping to stop the ache but another surge to pain came and it was strong.

I let out a scream and tried to rub my chest more.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, it's like something is happening but the pain isn't mine."