HC 2 - First Date

>>>BEV'S DATE OUTFIT

I stood at the mirror, checking my outfit for the millionth time. I was wearing a peach and white peplum dress with a gold belt. I matched the dress with peach heels, gold and peach bracelets, and peach rose shaped studs. My short hair was in fun and flirty curls, thanks to my best friend.

"Would you stop looking at yourself already! You look gorgeous. You're going to make the man forget his name," she shouted from the lounge. I walked out and headed towards her.

"So I really look fine? I don't look like I'm trying too hard?" I asked.

"You said he's taking you to a classy restaurant. This outfit screams classy and sexy at the same time. You're good to go," she replied just as the doorbell went.

"I'll get it," she said excitedly as she went for the door. I decided to go and have a glass of cool water to calm my nerves.

"Uh hi! I'm here for Beverly," I heard Alex's voice. Even after having spoken to him on the phone twice since we met, I can't get over the sound of his voice.

"Hi Alex! It's so lovely to finally meet you. I'm Nellie," my forward best friend introduced herself.

"You're Bev's best friend," I heard the recognition in his voice.

"At least the bitch has actually spoken about me," she laughed. I knew then that that was my cue.

"Hi," I smiled shyly with my stuff in hand as I came into view.

"Wow! You look breathtaking," he smiled.

"Thanks! You don't look too bad yourself," I blushed.

Who was I kidding?

The man stood at my door in an Armani suit, paired with a crisp white shirt and Italian shoes. He pulls the corporate look off really well for a doctor. If I thought he looked like he fell out of a GQ magazine before, I was clearly underestimating him.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked.

"I am," I nodded.

"It was lovely to finally meet you Nellie," he turned to her.

"It was great to meet you too Alex. Take care of my girl," she warned.

"I promise," he chuckled before taking my hand in his. His hand was warmer than I expected.

After I hugged Nellie, who told me I caught a great fish (her words, not mine), we headed towards his sleek silver car, which I learned is a BMW M3. He opened the door for me, and when I was safely inside, he closed it before heading to his side.

"So Miss Rhymes, how was your day at the hospital last night?" he asked. He knew I had gotten home at seven this morning.

"It was ok I guess. I just had trouble with one patient, but as soon as that was sorted out, the rest of my day went by smoothly," I replied.

"That's great," he smiled.

"What about you? When do you officially know about the post?" I asked.

"Actually, it's a good thing that we rescheduled our date. Now you're the first person I can celebrate the news with. I'm officially the resident Cardiologist at the hospital," he beamed.

"Seriously?" I asked excitedly. I was happy for him.

"Yep! They're going to make the announcement on Monday officially, so until then, you're the only one who knows," he smiled.

"I'm so happy for you," I squeezed his hand. He looked taken aback by the action before smiling and lacing our fingers.

"You don't mind that we're starting this, despite me working in the same hospital?" he asked.