Prologue

We all think that, our purpose in life, is to live.
   But sometimes, some only get to survive.
   The living part is left somewhere in a pitch black abyss, where no one knows if they'll ever get it.

   Some people... think their purpose in life is to achieve something big.
   Some think their purpose is only to exist.
   While all these facts may be true, the time where all these thoughts are not recent.
   They go back way before all the technology started.

   The times where wars were a normal thing and fights broke at any step in some towns.
   Times where men were the only ones who were allowed in army, when women only did house chores and small jobs.

  Such things were about to change when something unbelievable happened.

   Somewhere in the deepest mists of the most dangerous forest from all kingdom of Avras, a moving shining star fell from the dark sky, coming closer to the hard, crisp ground.
   At some point, the star started slowing down, almost floating peacefully towards the centre mountain of the forest.

   That night, the mighty emperor, suddenly rose from his golden throne and looks out the window at the now fading light that could be seen in the far away "Killing Forest" , with the help of his high cultivation.
   Suddenly feeling his arm hairs standing up, he closes the window and curses slightly.
  "What was that feeling..." his mouth muttered, then shrugged his shoulders indifferently, going to his slumbers, only to find a dark guard kneeling before him.
   "Find as much information on that light as muh as you can, we have to know if it's a friend of a foe."
   That much cultivation power is dangerous to us if we don't befriend it.
   He didn't say that outloud.
   The knight bowed and left as one with the wind.

   When the star peacefully placed itself at the entrance of the king mountain of the forest, it's light faded completely, revealing something strange to all the living beings from the forest that gathered to meet the star.
              It was a person.

     (Change of point of view)

   In the middle of the enormous, dark woods of death, a faint light kept flickering on the mountain of despair.
   That light gave the aura of an innocent yet bloodthirsty creature, who had the face of an angel, and the body of a deity.

   Their aura was something that the creatures of the forest never seen, so powerful that their heads were bowing involuntarily.
   When the light dimmed itself, it revealed a small body, that of a human. The creatures slowly approached it, sniffing furiously.

   The head creature, the majestic Phoenix male came the closest to it, and when the little human opened it's eyes, a link was formed.
   The Phoenix looked mesmerized into the little human's eyes which were a colour never seen before on their land. Like a foreigner, the little human attracted the nearby creatures, who were studying it.

  It's right eye was the colour of such an intensity of turquoise, that even the sky, ocean and jades felt embarrassed to show their colours.
    It's left eye was a powerful shade of silver with golden threads swiming in it, that even the most beautiful treasures seemed to lose their shine against it.

  The human slowly started moving, finally sitting up, the look of confusion filling their mesmerising face. The unique eyes studied it's suroundings with both confusion and curiosity, but not a thread of fear.

   They stop wondering around and fixed their interest on the nearest creature, the Phoenix. The burning gaze that was fixed on them, made the Phoenix fidget in it's position.
   For a moment, there was complete silence. A silence that made the nearby villages confused because the forest it's normally pretty loud at night.

   After the agonising moment of silence, the human spoke, revealing the most apealing and sweet voice of a girl.
   "Who are you?" She asked.
The Phoenix looked at her and said "I am the protector of this forest. Who may you be?" It asked in confusion to why a human may be speaking to him like he was another human.

   The girl looked at him, and like reading his mind, said "Don't worry, I can understand you. I am... I don't actually remember."
She said, tilting her head to the side, making a pouting face while thinking hard.

   The two continued conversating while the other creatures listened intriguingly. The girl seemed to be 15 of age, even tho she says she is still a child, but in this time and place it seems to be the age of marriage.

   The Phoenix seemed to be in deep tought, so the girl stopped talking and waited patiently for him to speak.
   "I will take you under my wing, untill we sort a place for you to stay."
The girl was overjoyed and smiled happily at him, making all the creatures around be stunned at how the girl's smile seemed to play with the moon's light.

   And like that, the unknown girl became the Phoenix's "disciple".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  LEAVE A LIKE IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER~☆
ENGLISH IS NOT MY PRIMARY LANGUAGE SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME ON THE GRAMMAR MISTAKES ~