Karma,realization and its consequences

What is Karma?
I don't know so I asked the next best person..my mom. She said it is like a Boomerang or rather a seed. The way you throw it , it will return the same way.

She gave me an example of an uncle who is not at the best behaviour with his mother. In short, not fulfilling his duties as a son. He got a vertebra related issue. And I know but my mom thinks it's because of Karma...

But then another question rose in my mind...

How will this punishment or instance planned by God help my uncle realise his mistake...if this was for realization then he should have understood it long back..

But as you know, whatever we do whether good or bad it will get back to us.

But I don't know which tasks are good or which ones are bad.

The good for me could be the bad for you. There is no universal truth to good or bad..it's just perspective.

But there are two people who know whether its evil or good. It's not you or it's not me.

It's the almighty God.

And the second one...

Is our consciousness itself.

Whenever we do a bad thing, we might not realise it but it does get seeded in the back of our mind..our consciousness.

And that's how when we get fruited...good or bad. We understand  rather we Realise where me went wrong.

Perhaps this passage gave me the answer to my question and maybe yours too.

       I would like to know reader's thoughts also. Thankyou.