Friday to Saturday Morning

“So,” Peter was startled as Wade suddenly appeared out of nowhere up against the locker next to his. He looked up as he finished taking his books from his locker and turned to Wade. “I was just going to ask, when do you think we should start working on this science thing?” Wade finished what he was going to say as he got Peter’s attention. Peter shut his locker and thought of a reply, remembering they agreed on his house. “Would tomorrow work? I mean, I know it’s sudden so if you’re busy...” he asked, knowing of course he wasn’t going to have any plans- like he ever did- unless his parents planned something, but they would’ve told him ahead of time. Wade thought for a few moments before nodding, “Yeah, I’m free. Just one thing, I’ve got no idea where you live, Petey.” Peter rolled his eyes and sighed a breath of annoyance, “It’s Peter.” he mumbled as they walked outside, finishing their day of school before the weekend. Wade just laughed, “Well, I’ll still need directions. Where is it?” Peter didn’t want to give Wade directions right then, not wanting Wade to figure out in school where he lived. “I could text you the directions. I just need your number.”

Wade and Peter exchanged numbers as Wade saw that his ride was here. “Well, I gotta’ go, but I’ll see you tomorrow. Don’t forget, text me directions.” Wade gave him a nod followed by a wink and started walking the opposite direction that Peter was headed in. He waited, watching for an old dark-green mustang to pull up, glad that Steve was picking him up, rather than Tony, who would’ve pulled up with one of his favorite rich cars and everyone would see who his parents were. The kids at school knew about the whole story of how the famous super-couple had adopted a child, they just all assumed he was home-schooled. Not to mention, none of them knew the age of the child so it always worked out for Peter as keeping everything hidden. There were often awkward times where his parents would be brought up during class discussions and then some kid of the class would bring up the child nobody ever heard about. From there on, everyone would go around, trying to guess what age their kid really was or if he really was home-schooled or walking among them or in a different school.

Peter watched as he saw the familiar car pull up near the curb. He was so thankful that at least one of his parents understood that he wanted these things kept a secret. He looked around at others mingling or leaving school as he walked over to the car. He opened the car door and slid off his backpack, setting it on the car floor as he got in and sat down, closing the door behind him. He saw his dad take off his sunglasses as they started to drive away. Peter buckled his seatbelt, “How was school today?” his dad asked. “Good.” Peter replied, watching the road in front of them. “Oh,” Peter added, “by the way, Wade is coming over tomorrow so we can work on our science project.” Steve looked at him and back at the road, “Peter, I don’t know if that’s going to work, your father and I were just called in on a weekend undercover mission in Ecuador.” Peter sighed, “Dad, we’ll be fine. Really, I mean, we aren’t going to be the only ones there, remember.”

“Bruce and Darc’ aren’t going to be there either, and Natasha and Sam are coming with us. If he comes, it’s only going to be you, him, Thor, Jane, and Clint.” Steve glanced back at Peter, who gave his dad the, I’m-obviously-old-enough-to-handle-myself look, “Yes, we’ll be fine.” he repeated as he wondered how Clint would feel about not being on a mission with Natasha. His dad stopped as they hit a red light, “Does Wade know? Did you tell him about us?” Peter had almost forgotten about that part and groaned, being his overly dramatic self, “No… I have to text him directions though. He’ll know then.” he paused, thinking twice about having the project at the mansion, “I don’t know if he’ll tell anyone or not. I will make him keep it a secret.”

--

Hey Wade - it’s Peter

my address is 890 Fifth Avenue, Manhattan, and of course- New York City