Eden's Star

"Crowley, it's getting late, Eden is getting quite fussy." Aziraphale said as he rubbed his newborn daughter's back, hoping to comfort the cranky baby. Crowley had led the angel outside, saying that he had something to show both him and the baby.

"This won't take long Angel, I promise." Crowley replied as he glanced over his shoulder, a crooked smile lit up his face as he gazed at his family.

Crowley led them beyond the front porch, beyond the garden, and once the trio passed the Bentley, Crowley unfurled his wings.

"Crowley, what on Earth are you doing?" Aziraphale demanded.

"Taking a my family on a short flight." Crowley extended his hand for Aziraphale to take.

"No no no! Absolutely not!" Aziraphale hugged baby Eden tighter to him, which made the babe a bit more fussy.

"There's no need to worry angel. Your arms are the safest place in the world for her." Crowley stroked her tufty red curls, his smile lighting up the night sky.

"But she's still so little Crowley....."

"That's okay angel, you're never too young for a night flight." As he said this, Eden glanced at Crowley, Aziraphale could almost swear that they exchanged a knowing look.

"Oh Crowley you haven't!" Aziraphale thought he might faint.

" Only a couple of times so I can show her and teach her all about the stars. She's never in any danger angel." Crowley reassured.

After a few more minutes of reassuring and promising the overprotective angel that they wouldn't be up in the air to long, the husbands took flight, their wings shimmering with starlight.

Little Eden loved flying, even though she obviously couldn't do it herself. That didn't stop the little newborn's little wings from popping out and flapping, imitating her father's own wings.

"My, aren't you a clever little thing!" Aziraphale beamed.

"Just like her Papa!" Crowley crowed, his chest swollen with pride as the two came to a stop, their wings still flapping to keep them aloft.

"Why have we stopped Crowley?" Aziraphale asked. Eden wasn't too thrilled that they had stopped, she got fussy again.

Crowley snapped his fingers and a fluffy cloud appeared. Crowley then took Aziraphale by the hand and helped Aziraphale to sit down on the cloud.

Crowley sat down next to Aziraphale and wrapped an arm around his angel's shoulder. "You see that star that's straight ahead of us?"

"Yes." Aziraphale replied. He had managed to distract Eden by offering his pinky, the one that still bore that gold ring of his. As soon as she grew bored of that one, he would offer his ring finger. Eden loved to touch the shiny pieces of jewelry that her Papa wore.

"I made it for you and Eden."

"Oh Crowley...." Aziraphale was rendered speechless so Crowley continued.

"I made it to celebrate you, how hard you worked to bring her into this world, and how she marks the beginning of this next chapter of our lives together." Crowley leaned down and pecked the infant on her soft forehead.

"The happiest day of my life....." Crowley murmured, getting choked up as he stroked Eden's face with a gentle finger.

Aziraphale quickly passed the baby to Crowley so he could pull his husband into his embrace. "Crowley, you wonderful, kind, loving..."

"Go on!" Crowley cracked with a smirk.

"Cheek!" Aziraphale replied. "I love you Crowley."

"I love you too Angel." Once they pulled apart, after many kisses and snuggles, Crowley showed Eden her star.

"You see that Queenie? That's you and your Papa's star! It's right there next to Polaris, the North Star, and it's a lot bigger too, I did that on purpose, nothing but the best for my angels! And it doesn't move so in case you ever need to find your way home, it will lead ya straight back to South Downs."

The cottage door creaked open as Crowley led his husband inside. Eden was fast asleep in her Papa's arms, the evening's flight and surprise had worn her out.

Aziraphale bent down and planted a kiss on her forehead and then gently passed her into the waiting arms of her Daddy, who carried her upstairs while the angel began to prepare the evenings champagne.

Crowley gently placed the baby into her crib and covered her up with her tartan blanket, making sure that Ducky was right next to her. Crowley stroked a black and white tipped wing for who knows how long until he finally moved to her untamable red curls.

"Sweet dreams my love. I love you more than you'll ever know." Crowley leaned forward and planted a kiss on a chubby cheek, leaving Eden fast asleep amongst the stars that lit up nursery.