Chapter 14: Puzzled

After rescuing the children from the shadow demon's world, they were immediately taken to Erether's headquarters. I wanted to complain because the only thing that was on my mind at the moment was to let them see their parents first before the council member will do anything as they wish with the children. But it was Grim himself who stopped me from intervening with their decision.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure the parents will see them right away after this." It was what Grim said to me so I was slightly relieved.

Some of the surviving team members of our organization then went with us inside the headquarters and we stayed silent as we watched them monitoring the children's condition. They went inside a large room where there are a lot of hospital beds that the children can lie on. Every one of them had IV drips on their wrist and was sleeping peacefully on the bed while they are recovering.

Grim and I watched outside by the large glass window as the nurses keep checking on them. Not long after that, Flint along with a man approached us.

"There is a little soiree at the hall to celebrate the mission's success," Flint said. "You've all been invited."

I looked away and sigh. I let Grim talk to him and I just listen as I continue to watch the children inside.

"We are declining your invitation." Grim responded. "We're still going to inform the children's parents of the news."

"You don't have to worry about that. They have already been informed and the gates will be open for them by noon."

Grim looked at me and I met his gaze. My expression didn't faze and despite the questioning look that he gave me, I didn't give him any answer.

"Alright." He returns his gaze to Flint. "But we're still not going to your soiree."

There was no explanation needed on why Grim decided to give that answer and Flint nodded his head without asking why.

"I understand." Flint sigh. "If there's anything you need, you can ask anyone around here or you can go find me at the dining hall." He looked at me and nodded. "If you'd excuse me, then."

By noon, the parents of the children have been welcome inside the Erether's headquarters. I stayed with Grim to watch them all reunite with their parents while the rest of our team went home.

"We'll have a meeting with the council members tonight," Grim said as we walked down the hall, the way out of the mage headquarters.

"Do you want me to go?" I ask.

"Yes, of course." He glanced at me. "You were the first one who arrived at the palace and found the children so you needed to be there."

I just cocked my brow and didn't respond to what he said.

"I'm going to region 20. I wanted Einna to hear it from me."

He didn't speak for a while and then I heard him let out a heavy sigh.

"I'm coming with you."

I nodded. The moment we left Erether's headquarters, we immediately went to region 12, where Azer's group camp is located. Grim talked to Azer for a while informing them about the deaths of one of our brothers and some missing children who were related to a member of the Thanatos Organization. After that, Grim and I left for region 20 where Einna is staying using his portal.

Einna was there outside the school, patiently waiting by the bench, knowing our organization and the mages teamed up together for the mission to find the missing children, waiting for the news to tell her that her daughter has been found. Since this school is hidden and Eretherians know nothing about it, she was the only parent who was not informed about whether her child has been found or not.