60. It's Just A Bump

Shizukana's P.O.V.

It was a normal morning of D rank missions. Everyone was in their usual mood. Naruto being the hyperactive goof he was left blabbering his mouth while Sasuke kept glaring at everything he could see. Sensei, on the other hand, kept his nose buried deep into his book as he chose to not give a care in the world. Nothing could change that, nor did I want to change a thing.

"Alright my little Genin," Sensei spoke before closing his book. Looking at our surroundings, I noticed we were currently standing in front of a civilian house. This wasn't some civilian house, but it was the house of the Head representation of the Civilians Council. He and his wife were going out for the day and Team Seven was tasked with babysitting their two-year-old son, Tahiro.

"Let's go in and behave yourselves. I don't all your weird antics rubbing on that cute and innocent child." Kakashi Sensei spoke as he playfully warned us.

Knocking twice on the door, the sound of soft running was heard from inside. Within no time, the door opened to a young lady who was dressed in a formal kimono. Her hair was neatly tied into a bun and her mouth was pulled up into a polite smile. "You must be the Genin Team."

Nodding once, Kakashi Sensei pushed the three of us forward as we smiled brightly. We walked in and the family stood in their living room. "Welcome. You must be Kakashi Hatake." The councilman said. Looking around the house, I couldn't help but smile when I saw the abundance of picture frames that adorned the walls.

Sensei nodded before bowing. "That is I," he said politely. He then introduced us. "These are my Genin. "Sasuke, Naruto and Shizukana."

As soon as Sensei said our names, we bowed together, causing the lively couple to do the same. My eyes wandered towards the small child who was hiding behind his mother's dress. "This is my son, Tahiro."

After instructing us and making sure everything was in check, the parents left the house. I looked at everyone. Sensei was sitting on the couch while reading his book. Sasuke and Naruto just stood there awkwardly. Looking at Tahiro, who had found the carpet more interesting, I took a closer look around.

Just as I walked to the picture frames, a soft and squeaky voice gained my attention. "What's that?"

Looking at the source, I found Tahiro staring at Kakashi Sensei while curiously pointing at Sensei's perverted book

"Uhhhh." Sensei trailed as he pocketed his book before looking at me. "Shizukana?"

The second Sensei uttered my name, my eyes slightly widened before narrowing them. Giving Sensei a stern look, I walked towards Tahiro before picking him up. "Don't mind that. That's just a boring book with boring letters." I said, glaring at Sensei. "Sasuke, Naruto, could you help me in the kitchen?"

They nodded before making their way to the kitchen. Sensei narrowed his eye before giving me a sly smile. "Well then, since you've got this under control, I have to go somewhere quiet to read my boring book with boring letters." He said, puffing away before I had the chance to protest.

I slumped in defeat before walking into the kitchen and handing the child to Naruto. "Entertain him," I requested and Naruto nodded before carrying the child to the bedroom. Sasuke stood there awkwardly.

"Wheres Kakashi?" He asked.

"Kakashi Sensei left us and read his perverted book," I replied, making him nod.

Since it was around lunch, I decided to prepare Tahiro something to eat. Tahiro's mother instructed that a sandwich and some juice would be fine. Gathering the ingredients and the cutting board, I instructed Sasuke to grab the juice carton and pour some into the plastic cup.