Chapter 41: Destiny

(Third Person Point of View)

The deity, Gem, was at loss for words. The moment she knew that humans-well one human, sensing that the other is an elf-have stepped onto her new land she woke up fresh from her beauty sleep, stood up from the bed, and walks towards the huge glass window of her room that overlooks the dark land of Mount Apeiros.

"It's not always that elves come here." She mumbled.

She inwardly sighs and woke up the beasts sleeping with a twitch of her fingers. She groaned just by thinking she was going to hear the loud roaring of the beasts again while it tore the flesh of every creature who comes to Thirio. Though, it became a satisfaction for her whenever she witness her beasts killing other creatures and eating them. Tainted and rotten to the core after her attempted genocide, she was not the same light being anymore who protects small magical creatures.

It would have been more satisfying for her if she would kill the human that stepped on her land, but the last time she did, she was thrown over to a wretched place called Thirio and she was forced to own the land she never wanted. Also, she didn't want to live in the Underworld, hearing all the rants of the lord of the Dead about how much the humans didn't deserve the higher celestial being (that would've been too annoying), so she just send the beasts every time other creatures comes to her land. It's enough that she has been living alone in her cave-like house-for so many years she'd lost count-she wouldn't want to see creatures or even humans swarming over the fire lake in the underworld.

She heard the first roar, followed by the roars and shriek of the other beast. The first beast who found the intruder set its eyes on the elf, and when she was about to walk away from the window, she stopped when she recognized the face.

"Prince Casper Vandris of Alteshar." She muttered.

The prince of the elf from another world, the prisoner she held for a week five years ago. The first man she had set her eyes on and the first man she had ever liked.

Oh, what a coincidence. She grinned. She just recently thought about him, thinking about when would he come to Thirio again. Her lips twitched into a satisfying smirk and were about to calm down the beast when she saw a...woman.

"A woman?" She exclaimed.

She didn't attempt to stop the beasts from going rampage and let them both fight against them. She felt annoyed, enraged, and disappointed at Vandris. He fought along with her and she even saw her impressive skill in fighting against the beasts. But it didn't matter.

With a twitch of her finger, she controls the mind of the nightmare demon beast to focus on the girl, to kill her. She had a triumphant smile when it caught her, even though the beasts were all killed by Vandris. She lost her visions of them right then and she went back to her canopy bed, waiting for the results of what happened.

She grunted. It was just five years ago when she saved him from almost getting shreds from a beast who enjoys chopping off fleshes using its claws. She even took one of the beast's fangs for him so that she can please him, and now he came back with a woman. The audacity! She didn't deserve this.

For the seven hours had passed, she just spent her time lying on her bed, feeling the soft linen of her silk robe. She knew where the Prince was staying to pass the night. And she knew that he was still with the human, while it was succumbing to death. It is only a matter of time before she dies under the dark spell, and she couldn't wait for it to happen. The Prince would be miserable after that. Heartbroken, and crying helplessly. In that way, he would come begging for help from her and the deity would have the upper hand of having him in her grasp.