The auction

"Director Goodsky. There's actually a reason I didn't hide my capabilities today."

Picking up on the seriousness in my voice, she nodded in understanding. "I had a hunch that you weren't just brazenly showing off your skills, Arthur. You seemed too sharp for that."

Agreeing with her, I responded, "There are only a few benefits I can gain from attending your school. One is learning how to utilize my magic to a higher degree. However, that is something I can learn on my own with due time. No. The main reason I would attend your academy, if I chose to at all, is for protection. Right now, I'm not strong enough to protect everyone. However, you hold a position of power and influence that can provide safety for my family and I, at least until I can gain the strength to protect them myself."

"Arthur! You're being rude to Director Goodsky! How can you..."

"No, it's fine Alice." Immediately after she said this, the director mumbled a soft chant before speaking again.

"Arthur, I believe you hold the ability to make changes in this world. For that, if you're willing to attend Xyrus Academy and become a rightful citizen that will do anything to protect his land, then I will abide by any criteria you set." Director Goodsky's voice was clear and determined.

"Very well, I will learn what I feel is valuable from the classes your school offers and train my own powers. As long as you give me the tools and freedom to do so, as well as keep my loved ones safe, then I will consider you as an important benefactor," I promised.

Director Goodsky's lips curve up into a smile as we shook hands. At this, I'm suddenly able to hear the voices of everyone else again. Looking at the director, she gave me wink.

By the confused looks of everyone around us, I could only assume that what Director Goodsky had done was make everyone else unable to hear our voices.

Clarifying for everyone who couldn't hear, I said aloud, "I will abide by our agreement when I enroll in your academy."

"Oh? Were you not planning on enrolling into my Academy anytime soon?" The Director as well as every other adult had looks of puzzlement on their faces.

"I don't plan on entering Xyrus Academy until I would be of a normal age to actually attend. No. I've decided to enter your academy on my twelfth birthday, a very average age for one to enter your Academy. I assume that will not be a problem?" I tilted my head.

"Goodness! That's in a little over three years. Arthur, do you have any plans on what to do until then?" I figured Director Goodsky wouldn't be so accepting on prolonging my education for over three years.

I turned to face my parents again, since it was up to them to allow me or not.

I looked up at the night sky, stars shining. Unlike my old world, the lack of bright lights truly made the star-glittered night beautiful. Turning my gaze back to where my family was, I answer.

"I'd like to become an adventurer."

After a long and rather loud argument, me and my family came to a decision - bring a member of the twin horns with me to act as a guard. I agreed, thinking that even if I am more powerful, they have more experience.

in the evening

VINCENT HELSTEA POV

*knock knock*

"Yes?"

"It's Arthur"

"Oh, Arthur, come in. What would you like to discuss this late?"

Arthur sat down on my chair, the cheery and child-like air he normally has completely gone, instead replaced by a serious and calm demeanor that made me feel like I was talking to the king of Sapin.

"The reason for my intrusion is that I'd like for you to retrieve some items from me. A voice altering mask, a sword, and a storage ring of medium size. Of course, I am willing to pay"

A storage ring? Does he know how expensive that is?

"No, no, it's alright. Your father has been working for me for years, I will just be repaying a favor."