twenty eight

2 YEARS LATER.

━━━━━━━

"Okay, girl, I'm telling you, you need to go to doctors." Pooja said to me.

My last year at Oxford had started, I got back from Pakistan two months ago and for a month, I had been feeling sick.

I refused to go to the doctor saying that I got used to Karachi atmosphere and my body forgot how England is like.

"What if you're pregnant?" She asked, smirking.

My heart stopped. No. But.. what if?

I froze, staring at the ground infront of me as people walked by us. The possibility of me being pregnant is 20% or 90%.

Zaroon never uses a condom. And I never asked him too because I wanted to feel.

I slowly looked at Pooja. Her smirk dropped and her eyes widened.

"No.." she whispered.

"No. No! No, I'm not pregnant. Heh.. no." I said, awkwardly as I looked at the notebook where I drew sketches of the dresses from my imagination.

"But you could be." She said, slowly.

"Let's hope for the 10 percent." I said, holding her hand close to me for some support for myself.

"The possibility is 90 percent?!" She exclaimed, jumped on the bench.

"Stop! I'm trying to focus!" I exclaimed, letting go of her hand and I looked at my notebook.

"You can be pregnant." She whispered, loudly, mostly to herself.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed, standing up and grabbing my things.

"Wait, wait, wait!" She yelled after me but I ran away from her. She didn't give up and ran after me.

"You shouldn't run in this condition!" She yelled after me.

"I'm not pregnant!" I yelled back, manifesting, turning my face to look at her.

There was nothing wrong with me being pregnant. It was wrong because I didn't wanted to be pregnant right now. Just one more year and I will be the professional and famous fashion designer I always dreamed to be.

Having a baby is a huge responsibility. I wouldn't be able to handle both.

But here I was. Sitting in the hospital waiting room with Pooja beside me, she was extremely excited and forced me to get checked up.

"How about Rapunzel for a baby girl?" Pooja asked.

"What? No!" I exclaimed.

"Tiana?" She asked.

"I'm not going to name my daughter after Disney Princess. And why are we discussing this? I'm not pregnant." I said.

"Woh toh check up ke baad pata chale ga." She smirked.
(We'll find that after the check up.)

Her phone started ringing just then.

"It's Jason." She sighed, and accepted the call. It was a video call.

Jason was Pooja's guy friend. He flirted with me alot and wouldn't seem to get the hint when I would rejected him. He's British playboy, what can I expect?

"Where the hell are you?" I heard Jason ask with his heavy British accent.

"Somewhere important. Why did you call?" Pooja asked.

"Please, get Jennah to be with me. She's so fit." He said. He always says my name like that purposely to annoy me even though I have corrected him alot. I looked at Pooja disgusted and she shook her head.

"She's married, Jason, move on!" Pooja said.

"Look, young marriage always end badly. She was what? 18 when she got married. And to her cousin, that's mad wierd!" Jason exclaimed.

"The fuck is wrong with you?" I asked, turning Pooja's phone to show myself. He was by some pool.

"Oh, hi, Jennah." He smiled.

"First of all, it's Jannat! And second of all, I'm not going to have sex with you, I am married!" I yelled, gaining attention from the few people around me.

He was disgusting.

Jason rolled his eyes as I heard laughter from the phone. "He got rejected. Again!" His friend said and laughed.

"Fuck off, yeah?" Jason said to his friends and Pooja cut the call.

"He's disgusting." I said.

"He doesn't know boundaries." Pooja sighed.

"Ms. Jannat?" A nurse asked, coming out of the office. I stood up with Pooja.

"Your turn." She said, I nodded and walked inside with Pooja behind me.

━━━━━━━

I was frozen. Pooja was yelling, excitedly and hugging me while I kept frozen. Pooja walked out with me following her, she was so happy for me.

But I couldn't be happy for myself.

It might have been cold hearted of me. But I was alone, I was scared, I felt helpless.

"Girl, cheer up! You're entering motherhood!" Pooja yelled, shaking me out of my trance.

Her words warmed my heart and I smiled a little.

Motherhood.

"I told you your husband wouldn't resist you in those lingeries. He got you pregnant." Pooja said.

I slapped her arm and she laughed as I pushed her away. I walked out, holding the reports tightly in my arms. I sat in the driver's seat as Pooja ran to the passenger seat.

She took the reports from me and observed them once again as I drove through the roads.

"I'm so happy for you." Pooja smiled. I didn't respond as I kept lost in thought.

She turned on the radio and Taylor Swift's songs were playing. Normally, I would've sang along but I was so confused with everything.

Although, Pooja was signing along loudly. After a while, I turned it off.

"You did not just turn Taylor Swift off." She gasped.

"I need to think." I said.

"Think about what?" She asked.

"Everything! How am I going to keep my studies and this pregnancy organised? Ho-how am I going to tell my family? Oh, this would be so embarrassing. They would know what I did!" I exclaimed.

"I don't think they would think that. They'd be more happy for a baby in the house." Pooja said, checking her nails.

"And anyway, if they did think that then let them. Unho ne bhi toh kabhi kiya hoga na warna tum duniya mai kese aati?" She asked, joking.
(They too must have done this at some point, otherwise how would you have come into this world?)

"Stoppp!" I yelled and she laughed.

I continued driving before I reached the hostel. I bid goodbye to Pooja and we went to our own rooms.