An unexpected visitor

Virion reached out, patting me on the shoulder. 

"I'll handle exposing the traitors, you're doing more than enough. I'd rather have you here, not send you to a long mission. You're free to go do your own thing, I'll notify you if we need your help."

1.5 months later

Entering the training room, I could see Sylv sparring with Varay in the distance while Kath sat and absorbed the last of Cadell's mana. 

I climbed up on one of the rocks, and activated unleashed Realmheart. 

Using the power to imbue my fist or sword with aether, I observed the movement of the particles, trying to replicate it on my own.

I felt Kath stand up from her seat, and approach Varay and Sylvie who were still fighting.

'A-arthur! Something's happening...'

Opening my eyes, I saw Sylvie fall forward onto the ground, the barrage of ice spears not slowing down.

Godstepping in front of Sylvie, I blocked the ice spears and kneeled in front of Sylv.

"Sylv, are you alright?" I said when suddenly, Sylv began to glowing in a brilliant golden light reminiscent of Windsom's transformation from a cat.

I watched as her golden form distorted into the shape of a human - a little girl, seemingly.

When she stopped glowing, I could finally make out some details. There laid a little girl in a simple black robe with two black unmistakable horns jutting out from the side of her head.

Opening her bright topaz eyes, she looked around in confusion.

"Sylvie, is that you?"

As she was standing up, the girl cracked open an uneasy smile, a trace of fear and excitement evident in her bright topaz eyes. "H-Hi, Arthur."

The two of us stood there. Neither one of us knew what to do, what to say, how to react. I still couldn't believe it. My eyes told me that I was seeing a girl that looked no older than eight or nine with long choppy hair that was the same pale wheat color as her draconic form's underbelly; looking closely, her messy hair looked more like soft feathers than actual strands of hair.

Little of the girl's small face was covered by her hair, since her bangs barely covered half of her forehead. Her round yellow eyes shifted uneasily under my scrutinizing gaze until she sent a mental transmission.

'How long are you going to keep staring like that?'

'Sorry, I'm still digesting everything right now. What exactly happened?'

"After absorbing the Scythe's mana from the horn you gave me, I was almost able to finally break the seal that you and grandpa said that my mother placed on me to keep me hidden. The spar pushed me just far enough to do so." The disparity between her childish voice and her words threw me off, but I nodded in understanding.

Sylvie abruptly lurched and staggered, nearly falling forward before she regained balance.

"Sylvie? You okay?" I asked, concerned.

Sylvie stood in place for a moment, frozen. I cautiously made my way to her, unable to even fathom what was wrong, when she slowly looked up.

When our eyes locked again this time, however, a chill ran down my spine. Her appearance was the same—nothing had changed—but her presence, her demeanor, her gaze were completely different.

'Sylvie' straightened herself, swaying her neck side to side as if she was stretching it.

"Ah, ah," she said, clearing her throat. "You can hear me, yes?"