Spacetime

Opening the door, I found Kath and Sylv fighting more beasts.

Brushing a small bit of dust from the handle of Night's ballad, I said. "Leave them to me please."

I took Night's ballad out of its scabbard, and exploded forward.

Even though Night's ballad merely grazed the beast because of its size, it was cleanly cut into two pieces. A dark blue fire consumed the beast, leaving only its aether behind for me to absorb.

...

Standing in front of the large castle, I could now truly see its scale. It was much larger than Indrath's castle, and I was certain the exit would be there.

The castle was however protected by a thick, extremely concentrated barrier of mana that I simply couldn't breach. I tried to disrupt it, but I lacked the required mana control.

I sighed

"My mana control is not good enough, we can't get through." I groaned

"M-maybe the exit is somewhere else." Kath stammered

"Searching for it is worth a try.." I mumbled

...

Returning back to our camp empty-handed, we had a meal, and I went into my tent.

Taking out the black marble, I sat in a comfortable position and let myself get sucked in.

I found myself in a valley fully covered in snow, with a snowstorm raging in the skies. Faint rays of sunlight shone through, just enough to make it slightly visible around me.

A howl from behind me startled me, as I didn't sense a creature creeping up so close. I immediately whirled around, finding myself face to face with three wolf like creatures.

The one in the front was obviously the leader, A wolf with horns facing behind him and curving a little bit outwards into a perfect circle, his face filled with white fur except the top of his snout and the black tribal-like markings around his eyes. His ears were a combination of black and white fur, ending in a sharp point.

The bottom of his body was filled with snow white fur glistening in the little sunlight there was, while the fur on the sides and top of his body was a obsidian black color.

His eyes looked like portals to a dimension of fire, with small black slits inside them.

The other two wolves looked virtually the same, lacking the horns, instead two small stubs were where their horns should have been. The left one had snow white fur while the right one had obsidian black fur.

I took a fighting stance, when suddenly, the leader spoke.

"Greetings, being of mana and aether. My name is Silver, the one on my left is Shadow, and the one on my right is Snow. We have been tasked by the Djinn to reside inside this artifact, until a being worthy of our training appears."

"And how do I prove my worthiness?" I asked apprehensively

"You already have..."

"Arthur"

"You already have, Arthur. By gaining access to this artifact."

"Alright, how will the training proceed?" I asked with a newfound curiousness in my voice.

"We will be fighting. Over, and over, and over. Each time you kill us, manipulating mana will get more difficult. In the second part of your training, you will be trained to resist forceful extraction of mana out of your body."

I nodded, taking a fighting stance.

"You are free to use the sword." 

Summoning my sword, I asked. "How did you know?"