Insatiable rage

The trees and rocks were pulverized to ash, craters and ravines spreading everywhere. Motes of destruction were still dancing around, chaotically pulsing and slithering as they slowly died out.

I turned around, walking back towards the Wall.

"Arthur," Sylv said, her worry spilling into me through our mental link.

My face was expressionless, my emotions hidden, locked away, yet I didn't want Sylv to worry. "I'm fine." 

"Sylv, could you go search for my parents? I don't think I should be here right now."

She nodded, giving me a sorrowful look as she opened her mouth wanting to say something, but then deciding against it.

I tried to contact Regis, ask him how he was doing, but he was unconscious. Fighting the destruction flames coursing throughout my body was surely exhausting for him, so I let him rest.

The area was desolate, not even a light breeze as I walked on the smooth stone chiseled by the flames of Destruction. The troops that I had managed to not kill in cold blood were watching me in fear as the Wall got closer with every second.

The particles of aether calmed down, their erratic dancing stopping as they returned to their places, calm and ever-present.

A mental transmission from Sylv cleared my thoughts. 'I found them, but they're in bad shape. Durden is missing an arm, bleeding heavily, and..' - A large wave of sadness and grief struck me like a tsunami - 'Your father.. he didn't make it.'

DURDEN POV

I was laying on the floor, ready to die. Unbearable waves of pain washed over me with every second as more blood spilled on the floor.

The screams of my party members were barely whispers as I was slowly losing consciousness, my hearing giving up on me, even the pain finally dulling into a fierce but peaceful throbbing.

Just before I closed my eyes, A curtain of pale wheat washed over me as my consciousness faded.

JASMINE POV

A teenage-looking girl with pale wheat colored hair and yellow eyes approached Durden, visibly sobbing. She knelt over Durden as her slim hands glowed purple, the wounds Durden accumulated slowly healing.

"W-who are you?" Helen asked apprehensively.

"Sylvie," she sniffled.

"You're human?"

She chuckled, saying between sniffled. "Well, I'm a dragon, but I can transform into a human form."

As I opened my mouth to ask about Arthur, a large curtain of black opened, wobbling and crackling. A figure slowly walked through, his eyes instantly landing on Rey.

Even though he looked different than I remembered, I instantly recognized him. "A-Arthur?"

He ignored me, however, his eyes locked on his father as he started weakly laughing. An unbearable pressure brought us all to our knees, struggling to even breathe.

Alice looked at Arthur, a stream of tears flowing through her eyes.

"T-this is a joke, right?" Arthur said in between chuckles, tears also starting to stream down his face.

Sylvie acted first, slowly approaching and hugging him, crumbling the wall he had put around himself.

Arthur let out a thundering roar as he broke out in tears, his legs giving away.

I wanted to say something, anything, to console him.. but I could do nothing but break down in tears with him.

I couldn't comprehend the emotions he was feeling as I never had any real parents. I could just quietly sob by his side, hoping he will get through it.